• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 anarchron

anarchron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 05:15 AM

Hi, I'm planning to burn 2 massive 2.1GB divx file onto a dvd without any special xiso but on normal pc iso9660 and let xbmp read off the dvd. Has anyone tried it yet and is it possible? If so, what is the speed like?

Thanks

#2 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 March 2004 - 08:13 PM

It should work, as long as it is burned as an iso 9660 or a UDF dvd

#3 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 08:20 PM

There is a limit to the size of the file. You might check XBMP site and forums. From what I recall a single file limit is around 2 gigs. Not sure if I remember this correctly but there is some size limitation that people run into and have to split the files.

#4 matys

matys

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

I have 2 XVID movies of the size of 2.2 GB each. I burned them on a DVD with CDBurnerXP which can burn up to 4GB big files in the ISO file file sistem( so it does not have the 2GB limtitation as Nero has). However XBMC doesn´t read that ISO DVD which I burned. It has the same limitation as Nero has. I wonder if there is a
chance to fix that in XBOX or is any other possibility to burn files that are bigger than 2 GB on a DVD which XBMC can play? Please help. Thank you.

#5 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:54 AM

one file thats 2.2 gigs.....or 2.2 gigs of video files?

I use nero. I can put 4 gigs...(like 5 or 6 700mb xvid files) worth of backup movies on 1 disc. burn them onto the disc ( like I'm burning a data disc ) and they all play fine in XBMC. Even have enough space for the thumbnail files on the disc. No problems reading or recognizing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users