• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 skippy24

skippy24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:19 PM

I have a pretty big problem. I went to change my dash to Avalaunch, and took out a couple of files for replacement.

The files I took out are evox.ini, evoxdash.xbe, default.xbe, and the skin folder. I replaced it with the files that the avalaunch told me to do it with... and now everything went into the hopper. I can't ftp to it to reinsert the files (which I do have backed up) and I can't get anything on except for the msdash....like the origional.

I tried making a boot disk, but it comes up saying it can't read it. Am I doing something wrong? I did use a cdrw. Also.. do I did but in a "bios" folder with bin files, but not sure if it's the right one.

Can someone help?
thanks

#2 PrinceVegeta978

PrinceVegeta978

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:48 PM

First i need to know how do you connect to your xbox, is it directly from pc to xbox

with crossover cable or through a hub, switch, or router.

But for now you can take all the Evox files you got from the .rar file (the original

ones you downloaded to be safe) and rename evox.xbe to default.xbe.

Take the folder and make an xbox iso, burn iso then try to boot with it.

If you know your ip settings, before you boot you should edit the evox.ini with

your settings. If all boots up but you still cant Ftp to the xbox, let me know how

you connect to the xbox like i stated in the first line... beerchug.gif

#3 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:54 PM

ok, here is the deal, you deleted the dashboard that the bios looks for to boot to. if you have an external programmer for your chip, edit your bios with xbtool to look for avadash.xbe (or whatever dash you need it to). flash your chips bios and you should be set.

if you can at least ftp into your box, change avadash.xbe to evoxdash.xbe, that way the bios boots avalaunch that just named differently

(and i reccommend keeping evox around, as it can do things like flash your chips bios, lock/unlock hdd's ect.) just use avalaunch and have a link to evox

or you could do what princevegeta said and reinstall evox until you properly install avalaunch, you may also want to try an auto installer with avalaunch on it

Edited by thewickedjester, 05 March 2004 - 02:55 PM.

#4 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 March 2004 - 03:49 PM

What was default.xbe doing in the root of c:??

#5 skippy24

skippy24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 02:35 AM

ok here's the complete story:

First my box has the TSOP mod. So...i don't think I can actually flash the chip.
I can't ftp into the box because there is no ftp server running on it since I replaced the files and took out the ones that i guess i needed.

I am going through the Linksys router when I can ftp into it...and using Flash FTP.

I have my:

skins folder
evox.ini
evoxdash.xbe
default.xbe

all sitting on the side in my computer backed up which are the ones I accidentally pulled out of the box.

Now there is in the box:

media folder
shoutcast folder
avalaunch.xml
default.xbe that was renamed to avalaunch.xbe

thinking that that would auto-boot Avalaunch as the dashboard.

Also, which bios do I use with the TSOP solder job?

Thanks again!

#6 PrinceVegeta978

PrinceVegeta978

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 March 2004 - 03:55 AM

Im guessing you know the steps to a TSOP flash. So just get your hands on the

Xecuter 4981 bios and open it up in xbtool. Then in the Boot Partion and

Executables section, set the first line (not where it says DVD) whers it says (1st),

change it to boot avalaunch.xbe. Come to think of it, if i remember right 4981 is

set to boot avalaunch first anyway. But just check to be safe.

Solder your points, get 007 or Mech, your favorite flash kit (i like highways flash kit), and flash that bitch... beerchug.gif

#7 skippy24

skippy24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 01:37 PM

Actually I had no idea it was called TSOP until last night when my buddy told me. Someone else who he know did the mod.. and I'm sort of a stranger to the entire thing, but I'm slowly learning. And for that matter learning not to take these files out again.

I got the auto installer now. I need to burn it though. Will that help me?

not even sure how to flash. Do I need to burn that also... ah just find out in tutorials dry.gif

#8 skippy24

skippy24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 03:57 PM

Guys! I just fixed the problem. I burnt the auto installer 2.5 to a cr-rw through Nero Burning rom and worked perfectly. As soon as the installer booted up there was an instant ftp server. I flash ftp'ed right into it and threw the files I took out right back in and everything booted up just as if it never happened!!

Thanks a million for you feedback and help!

Here's to u! beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users