xbonz00889

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:52 PM

Hey,
I currently am running EvoX with my xbox and it works great. But i want to upgrade to Avalaunch. Where do I put the Avalaunch in what folder. And how do I set it up. I have looked but havent found a very good tutorial. So what i want it for Avalaunch as my 1st dash to boot then EvoX as 2nd and then the Xbox one as 3rd. I have Xbtool downloaded so now what do i do to get it to work fro the xbox. I have it open and i dont know how to link it to the box. I also have my xbox ftped with FXP so ya please help me here or give me a link. THANKS
Phil

#2 dasellbuypeep

dasellbuypeep

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 12:05 AM

open your bios.bin file with xbtool, and change the booting up order to:

avalaunch.xbe
evoxdash.xbe
and then wateva your ms dash is put that 3rd..

then make sure your each dashboards xbe files are named correctly, eg avalaunch has to be avalaunch.xbe..

then reflash your bios.. and your done...
cheers

#3 xbonz00889

xbonz00889

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 March 2004 - 12:17 AM

Here i found this on a site. I dont know anything about renameing files or anything like that can some one kinda talk to me in english about how to do this. Xbtool i dontk now how to get it to work on the box. How do i get it so i can change my fan settings and so on?

Now you probably want to know how you can continue to use EvoX on demand. That is VERY easy, thanks to the ingenius QUICKSTART settings in Avalaunch. Just go back to your PC and edit your avalaunch.xml file, and scroll down to the quickstart settings. Edit your righttrigger setting so that it looks like this (matching what you changed your evoXdash.xbe to above):

<righttrigger enabled="1">
<path>
c:
</path>
<filename>
evox.xbe
</filename>
</righttrigger>

Then FTP this avalaunch.xml back over to your C: drive on your XBOX and reboot. Play with holding down the right trigger as it boots, pulling and holding it at different times until you find the "sweet spot" that catches the quickstart, and boots your evolutionX dash. It will take you a few times to get used to it, but I can assure you that it does in fact work.

#4 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 March 2004 - 01:11 AM

everything you posted above you read...ignore it

1 download and open xbtool

2 open the bios file you want to modify (you'll have to find that on your own, i'd got with x2 4981.06 bios)

3 it will have an option for which order you want to boot in follow below

c:\avalaunch.xbe
c:\evox.xbe
c:\xboxdash.xbe

(that's all you need to do to the bios so save it)

4 ftp the bios onto your xbox

5 use evox to flash your bios

6 power up your xbox and ftp your avalaunch files over to c:\

7 reboot and avalaunch will be first

easy as pie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users