Photo

Networking your Xbox (the best guide so far...)

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#46 digital021

digital021

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (mrRobinson @ Jan 25 2004, 07:16 AM)
Once you enabled ICS you can set static ip = no in your evox.ini. Did you do that?

As far as disabling the card, you can just right click on it and select disable if you are using windows xp. Some people won't find it annoying though and don't mind seeing the disconnect icon in their taskbar. Plus I'd have to tell people how to disable it in windows xp, 2000, ME, 98, etc. and then I'd have to tell them how to enable it again if they wanted to use that nic...

I set static ip = no and now everything is working great beerchug.gif except know I get random ip address in evox everytime I boot up the xbox. Can I assign a static IP to fix this problem?

#47 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:37 AM

yes but make it on the same subnet you are on now and put the gateway address in of that nic in your pc it is connecting to.

#48 StanKo

StanKo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:09 PM

I'va a Pc on First Floor and Xbox in ground floor, my speed with direct PC-->Xbox is 10Mbps, (100 is no possibile :\ )with cross cable. I was tried the hub for increase the speed to 100Mbps with only patch cable, but if i plug the hub near the Pc don't work, instead if i plug the hub near the xbox, the upload PC-->Xbox is OK 100Mbps,(if i use only cross cable) but the download is 10kb :\

HELP ME sad.gif sad.gif uhh.gif

Sorry for my english blink.gif

#49 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:01 PM

If I understand you correctly, seems like could be a problem with compatibility with your pc nic. Going direct with crossover pc to xbox there could be compatibility issues with the speed/duplex settings or even the driver. Which the hub could alleviate. So there may be nothing you can do except update driver for your nic or try a different one.

#50 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 10:00 PM

**Guide UPDATED**
  • Added avalaunch configuration examples
  • Modified formatting
  • Added Xbox to Xbox transfers section
  • Re-worded some sections to help make it more clear.

I actually think this guide is "done" now. If anyone can think of other sections to add or expand on let me know.

#51 silvrhawk

silvrhawk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for the great guide, just wanted to let you know on my version of XP when I configured my tcp/ip connection there was a tab for alternative configuration which made it alot easier when working with one network card. I left the general tab alone and put all my xbox info in the alternative tab, now when Im hooked to my xbox it looks at the general tab first and when it cant connect there it automatically goes to the xbox config. Alot easier than creating bat files. Thanks for all your help. Hope this makes sense

#52 illogic

illogic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 07:15 PM

You fixed my problem!!!

Thank you so much.

beerchug.gif

#53 lando786

lando786

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 07:29 PM

either the switch or the power button enable/diasable feature amount bought will depend on price plz lemme know if you have any THX

#54 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (silvrhawk @ Mar 2 2004, 02:08 PM)
Thanks for the great guide, just wanted to let you know on my version of XP when I configured my tcp/ip connection there was a tab for alternative configuration which made it alot easier when working with one network card. I left the general tab alone and put all my xbox info in the alternative tab, now when Im hooked to my xbox it looks at the general tab first and when it cant connect there it automatically goes to the xbox config. Alot easier than creating bat files. Thanks for all your help. Hope this makes sense

Makes perfect sense. If or when I do an update I'll mention that as an option or alternative to a network switch with bat files or manually. Thanks, good suggestion.

#55 Dougiefresh

Dougiefresh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 04:51 AM

I followed what you said & still wasnt able to connect. im trying to transfer so game saves over to my hd.

#56 wentsen

wentsen

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 13 March 2004 - 01:03 PM

great faq
solved so many of my probs

#57 Cking3rdi

Cking3rdi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 03:30 PM

Thanks mr.Robinson your explination worked perfect. Got my problems fixed!!

now if i can only figure out how to find the apps i lost when i upgraded my evoX...

#58 sableholic

sableholic

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:33 PM

"Thanks for the great guide, just wanted to let you know on my version of XP when I configured my tcp/ip connection there was a tab for alternative configuration which made it alot easier when working with one network card. I left the general tab alone and put all my xbox info in the alternative tab, now when Im hooked to my xbox it looks at the general tab first and when it cant connect there it automatically goes to the xbox config. Alot easier than creating bat files. Thanks for all your help. Hope this makes sense "

I tried that. I put my settings into the alternative config but it doesnt work when I try that. It does work when I put it in the general tab. Was there something else u did? mine seems to just see it cant connect on the general one and not try the alternative

#59 Tshuk

Tshuk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:36 AM

Hi
I have a weird problem with my ftp connection!
Everything worked perfectly unless I started Ninja Gaiden last week and accidentally tried to start a live game. The xbox wasn't connected but the dash seems to be updated. Since then I can't ftp-connect to my xbox any more. After the update I couldn't even start the msdash anymore, so I restored the backuped c-partition I made before I used slayers2.5 to build up the upgraded hd. The backuped c-partition contained an old non-live dash. Could sb plz help me?

I read something that the dash could be the problem. But I don't know how to fix it. I restored the dash with the slayers cd but then I got the error 13 during starting the msdash. Am I missing sth?

Thx in advance for your good advice smile.gif

#60 ReGuRGiTaToR

ReGuRGiTaToR

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:59 PM

Thanx for the tut it helped save the little hair i have left on my head !!!!!!!!!

Iv'e been ftp'ing my xbox for 18 months with no problems then overnight it all went tits up...... i used my usuall settings and no luck ..... 2 days solid of trying things out didnt work so i turned to your tut and it solved my problems ( still dont know what they were ) the only diff in your tut to what i was doing was that you leave the gateway blank ....

Cheers anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users