Photo

Networking your Xbox (the best guide so far...)

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#91 jullian811

jullian811

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:52 PM

It seems I have tried every thing
I followed mr robinson's tut but still stuck

This is my network ini

[Network]

SetupNetwork = Yes
StaticIP = No
Ip =
Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
Defaultgateway =
DNS1 = 204.127.202.19
DNS2 = 216.148.227.79
SetupDelay = 0
SkipIfNoLink = No

when i load up my EvoX Cd-Rw the settings detect my IP type as DHCP and address as 24.30.70.103

Ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : n-p8hr9y6jkvjp5
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : comcast.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VIA VT6102 Rhine II Fast Ethernet A
apter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0B-6A-0B-30-3D
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.99.29.65
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 24.99.29.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.34.244.34
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 204.127.204.8
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, June 25, 2004 1:56:15 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, June 29, 2004 1:56:15 PM

I tried to ping to my xbox but it kept saying request time out

I put my xbox IP address in my trusted zone on Zone Alarm

Plesase help me

#92 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:59 PM

Well your xbox IP and computer IP aren't on the same subnet so that's the problem right there. Its weird you have them both set to dhcp and I assume your ISP is giving that out on different subnets. how do you have things physically connected up? Please post a new topic in newbie chat with your response cause replying here you might have to wait a few days for your post to show up.

#93 tiredofnoobs

tiredofnoobs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 09:19 PM

can you please go more in depth with the wireless internet connecting to your xbox and making a bridge? I made the bridge but i dont understand what to do then

#94 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:40 PM

When you say making a bridge do you mean just using a wireless to ethernet bridge (like the hardware), or making a bridge via software on two or more nics on your pc. Wireless is really just like wired but without the cables, all your settings can be the same. The hardware bridge used to connect the xbox to your router should have a different IP than your xbox. Just go through its setup with the manual that came with it.

#95 mobelby

mobelby

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:55 AM

Mr Robinson,

First thing to say is thank you as your config 3 helped boost my ftp speeds from 1Mbps to an average of 6.5Mbps. That's some increase !

Secondly, whilst going through all the pain of slow ftp transfers and now fast transfers I can report that of the three ftp clients I used (cuteftp, smartftp and flashfxp) flashfxp is by far the best. The reason is simple. If you are tranferring folders of files flashfxp maintains a transfer rate of over 6 Mbps wheras the other two clients may have reached over 6Mbps at one time or other but dropped that rate considerably when moving from one file or folder to the next.

M

#96 r2d2_unit

r2d2_unit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:46 PM

hey i'm new here but i was wondering if you could tell me what IP to try and connect to whilst attempting to apply the font exploit?

#97 jgrange

jgrange

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 04:09 PM

I have my computer(laptop) with a wireless Cardbus adapter to connect to the internet through a wireless router. I have a crossover cable going to my X-Box from my laptop, which of the configurations in your tutorial should I use?

#98 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 03:37 PM

r2d2_unit: depends on what else you have setup... create a post in newbie or exploit forum for it.

jgrange: Config 2. If you need more help, create a post in newbie chat.

#99 neema

neema

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:39 PM

I'm having a problem FTPing to an Xbox through a wireless router. The setup is the following: the Xbox is hooked up to the Linksys WGA11B Wireless-B Game Adapter. The computer I'm trying to FTP from is also wireless and both of them are connected to a Netgear wireless router. Evox records the Xbox as getting assigned a valid IP address (say 192.168.0.3) and I'm even able to ping it from the laptop. However, FTPing over gets nothing. I made sure the firewall on my wireless card is removed when doing so, made sure PASV is turned off and tried the other little fixes (restarts, reconfigures, etc) that I've found talked about on the forum and elsewhere.

There is actually another Xbox I've connected to using this computer, the only difference is that that Xbox was wired to the network while this laptop was still on wireless. However, all the settings, the program I used, etc., are the same and I'm able to connect to that Xbox just fine. Can anyone hlep me out?

#100 SaYcHeEse

SaYcHeEse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 03:39 PM

Hopefully I can find a remedy to my problem. Here it goes...

My Setup:

I have 2 PC's in the house with their own IP addy's that my ISP has given me.
Both PC's are connected to a hub using cat5/cat6 cable, The hub connected to the cable modem and the cable modem to the internet.

When I needed a connection for the XBOX my ISP gave me another IP addy just for the xbox itself and it starts something like this (66.x.x.x) So I connected another cat5 cable to the Hub and the xbox.

But my problem is i get really slow File transfers to and from my pc/xbox about 30-40ish KB/s. What I want to do is Directly connect to my xbox instead of me connecting to the internet then the xbox.

I used this guide and even read the updated one. I installed another NIC card into my PC and used a crossover cable for the xbox and the 2nd NIC. I followed the instructions correctly on how to configure my dashboard that im currently using(avalaunch) and the 2nd NIC. huh.gif huh.gif

After following the guide and checking if my direct connection to my xbox worked I found that I get an error message on my PC stating "Windows - System Error There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network".

So I tried changing the ip addy (from 192.168.0.3) (to 192.168.0.4) and I still receive the same error message. Tried changing it a few times after and still receive the error.

So this is where Im stuck and need help. Ive been trying to directly connect to my xbox for a while now and no cigar so i continue using the IP addy given to me from my ISP.

#101 philly_b

philly_b

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 11:05 PM

i have the same set-up and problem as neema, except a diff. router . evoX tells me there is a IP but FlashFXP will not connect.

#102 AndTheBeast

AndTheBeast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:40 AM

Hello! I'm new and stupid, and believe computers are the devil.muhaha.gif

Having said that, I am TRYING to network my XB to my PC via a direct connection with a crossover cable. I've looked at various guides and tutorials by the bucketload but none are working. From what I gather, the problem seems to be that neither the PC or the XB recognise that they are connected to anything. Nothing lights up on either ethernet port. The cable isn't bad either, because it works on other stuff.

Any help that could be offered before I take it all outside and beat it with a sharp axe, would be just nifty.

#103 soma806

soma806

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:17 PM

I've successfully been able to FTP for a while now, but have never been able to use SMB in dvd2xbox. Is there a toutorial for seeting that up in windows xp somewhere? I've createde a workgroup and made a new user, disable simple file sharing, createed a new c:\games dirr and gave my new xbox user access to this dir. I edited the dvd2xbox.xml and entered teh ip address of my pc, the workgroup name as the domain teh shared dir, the xbox use name and password. The xbox ip address and netmask etc from the evox settings. But I cannot rip to SMB. mad.gif

#104 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:20 PM

neema- I can only think that maybe some of your settings are wrong. Do you have your evox set to use dhcp or static? Post an ipconfig /all from the wireless computer you are trying to ftp from. I'd start a thread in newbie chat as well so people can respond faster without waiting for a mod review.

SaYcHeEse- I'm sure you just have a setting off or something. Post an ipconfig /all from the pc that has the crossover connection to the xbox. Also post the network section of your evox.ini. Like the above, I would do this in a new post in the newbie forum so your issue can be addressed faster.

#105 zhk

zhk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 06:08 PM

biggrin.gif Very nice tutorial.....

But I am having speed problems and tryed just about anything, comes down to this...

I have to set my NIC to 10Mb/Full duplex.... otherwise it keeps poping up as
unpleged,plugged,unplugged.................

So by doing this I'm limiting the line to 10Mb/s which means 1.2MB/s or so ..
is that the fastest i can get if not, any idea why my NIC would do this...(oh and since I have 2 NIC's <not the same brand> I tryed both and both do the same)

any help advice or ideas are welocome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users