pdottz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 March 2004 - 11:36 PM

I set up my friends xbox a few wks ago with the x2 4979.67 bios. his xbox was manufactured in november 2003. it has a samsung dvd drive and focus video chips so it's a 1.5 xbox.
my xbox is a 1.0 with a phillips drive. I switched out my old thomson for a phillips. same bios. we are both running the newest version of the unleashx dashboard.

now with my xbox we can rip dvd movies from the ftp to his pc so he can encode them later or since he doesnt't have a pc dvd drive. with his xbox with the sammy drive you can't do this. the ftp will just give errors saying it can't transfer. dvd2xbox and the built in filemanager in unleashx also give errors. original game dvds transfer fine in all 3 methods.

keep in mind that some of the dvds we have tried are brand new that we have opened on the spot and put into his samsung drive to rip. his samsung drive also reads any type of cdr we have thrown at it so far, dvd-rs and cdrws and original xbox games without any glitches or hiccups at all. Dvdx2 plays the movie fine in his xbox aswell.

can anyone tell me what might the problem and if there is a way to fix this?

#2 pdottz

pdottz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 09:04 PM

help smile.gif

#3 dokworm

dokworm

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 04:25 AM

Does it play the movies OK?

#4 pdottz

pdottz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 12:49 PM

yes it plays the movies fine with no problems at all. I just dont see why the vobs wont transfer via ftp. through any client. tried unleashx (default dash) and evox. same thing. the transfers all fail. or the vobs are all corrupted. but through my thomson and phillips drives the movies transfer fine and we can decrypt the vobs later on the pc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users