• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BIGJEFF

BIGJEFF

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:48 AM

I had this guy I know mod my box for me and he installed a hd and what not. For an unknown reason, I turned it on today and I cant choose the option of "Play Games on Xbox." Now all I have is Ms dashboard, reboot, settings, power off. Please help.

#2 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2004 - 02:12 PM

First off, do you have any games on your hdd? Second, is that line in the evox.ini linked to them?

#3 BIGJEFF

BIGJEFF

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 02:23 PM

yes I have about 30 games on there. It is wierd cause the screen that used to come up does not. the only thing I did was paint a new case and move the parts over but I was careful. I am not seeing that line anywhere on the screen.

#4 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2004 - 03:44 PM

Where are your games located? Are they in a folder such as E:\Games, F:\Games, G:\Games, etc?

Here is an example of how my evox structure is set up with a working file system:

Section "Launch Menu"
{
Section "Games"
{
AutoAddItem "e:\games\"
AutoAddItem "f:\games\"
AutoAddItem "E:\HDDLoader\"
AutoAddItem "F:\HDDLoader\"
SortAll
}
Section "Apps"
{
AutoAddItem "e:\apps\"
AutoAddItem "f:\apps\"
SortAll
}
Section "Emulators"
{
AutoAddItem "f:\Apps\Emulators\"
SortAll
}
SortAll
}

#5 BIGJEFF

BIGJEFF

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:17 PM

Yes, they are setup like that. My problem is that I dont have the option of accessing them. The only options it gives me when the xbox is turned on now is Ms Dashboard, reboot, settings, backup and power off. There was alot more before. I am not sure what happened.

#6 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:49 PM

Did you have a modchip or is your box softmodded.
Sounds like the F-partition is not accessable.
Could the chip be "partly" damaged from you moving the parts around, so that the F-drive is not enabled any more??? Sounds a bit unlikely I know! Maybe the F-partition is messed up?

#7 BIGJEFF

BIGJEFF

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 09:03 PM

that might be a possibility. I do not think I have a chip in there. I think it is just some kind of hd drive mod. Sorry for the noobness. Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users