12 replies to this topic

#1 modnewbe20041969

modnewbe20041969

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:00 PM

I had flashed my xenium to V1.1 and did not have the cromwell bios when I hit the black button it would send me to the recovery screen. So I had the bios update for the xenium on disk and put it back in to try and reflash over again and during the flash process my xbox rebooted during the flash and now when I reboot he xbox I get a black screen and my xbox reboots three times and then I get a flashing reb button and a red led on my xenium. I tried to put the xenium in restore mode by changeing the swith on the chip and I get the same thing, checked my conection to the D0 and the lpc joints and all good there but still the same three boot and then nothing. If I pull the xenium chip off the xbox boots fine. did I kill my xenium chip or is there still hope? sad.gif grr.gif

#2 jeremydammit

jeremydammit

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:53 PM

im with ya buddy, hope we can figure it out. I did a quick solder install, then later tried to get it of, which screwed my solder points on my chip up. I followed all the traces back to where they came and put wires to replace now it frags, pin header install didn't work either. Not happy. dry.gif

#3 ragelizard

ragelizard

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:-Halo<br>-Lizards<br>-Xbox<br>-Movie Making
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 March 2004 - 12:24 AM

Guys, when I fragged the solution was retrying the LPC points. I thought my chip was screwed or defective also. Others told me that I should check for good contact and redo them even though I was sure they were in perfect working condition. Anyway I redid the LPC's and boom the screen came up and I was happy. Forgot to mention, When it frags a trace is probably broken, I had to fix one. Check closely if any are damaged, if so repair them. Try both of those, other then that I dont know, what can I say I'm a N00B cool.gif

#4 ragelizard

ragelizard

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:-Halo<br>-Lizards<br>-Xbox<br>-Movie Making
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Opps double posted. BTW that quick solder may have been a big mistake. beerchug.gif

Edited by ragelizard, 08 March 2004 - 12:28 AM.

#5 arabal148

arabal148

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

im having the same problem except mine doesnt reboot 3 times it just stays blank screen and the xbox led is green for a while and then it goes orange. i dunno wut to do.

#6 modnewbe20041969

modnewbe20041969

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 12:44 AM

Ok, heres the info. First I orded the Xenium V1.1 and was shiped the xenium 1.0 sooooo I goto the update page for the V1.1 and downlaod it and burn it to disk. I try and try again to updat the os and no luck then I walk away with the update disk in the xbox dvd drive,I come back and see that it has rebooted it's self to safe mode and has restored its self useing the OS V1.1 disk and the power button is flashing green and red and the led on the xenium was green. I reboot my xbox and it has OS v1.1 so I goto install Slayers self install disk and hit the black button to get to the cromwell bios to tell it to boot form the DVD drive and I have no cromwell. Hitting the black button only brings up the restore screen. Sooooo after being told to reinstall the v1.1 I do and during the install my xbox reboots in the middle and now I have a flashing green button and it reboots three times and then gose to a solid red button and red led in the xenium chip and cant get the xenium to come up, as for posting this THREE TIMES I did not. I have made post into other topics and I am new so plezzzzz forgive me. I had no idea that moding my xbox was such a task and to be honest I have no idea what I am doing. I do have experience in soldering so installing the chip was not a problem . I have read the tuts and guides over and over and done everything that I was told and got to the point that I now have to send my xenium chip back to have it reprogramed. sad.gif mad.gif

#7 arjkar

arjkar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 03:57 AM

looks like the xbox is trying to boot from the XOS but it can't that might explain the solid red light on the xbox power button, the red light on Xenium is ok, since it doesn't go away until you get into XOS menu, looks like it may be the chip like u said

#8 Josh Adams

Josh Adams

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:30 PM

modnewbe, you need to flash a bios onto one of the Xenium's bios banks and then you will be able to use Slayer's Install Disk.

cromwell is for linux use only.

#9 arjkar

arjkar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 08:27 PM

yea but its too late for that, he can't boot into xos nor xos recovery mode..

#10 Josh Adams

Josh Adams

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:48 AM

if he cant even get into recovery mode after using the switch on the xenium then he has a bad lpc install.

#11 arjkar

arjkar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:42 PM

so what's happening modenewbe

Edited by arjkar, 11 March 2004 - 05:42 PM.

#12 Oldmanjoe

Oldmanjoe

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Interests:Baseball<br />Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 March 2004 - 09:10 PM

RAGELIZARD u got some splainin' to do!

I installed his chip and fixed his traces and stuff lol

How dare u act like you did it LOL

#13 modnewbe20041969

modnewbe20041969

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 09:22 PM

ok, I sent the chip back and they said it was bad and found ot that my mobo is bad also so I got a new xbox V1.4 but my 40gig hd was locked to the old mobo with the xenium chip hd lock and now I wanna put my hd into my new mobo useing the xenium chip but need to unlock first. I was wondering if any one knows the default password that the xenium uses to lock the hd's? uhh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users