X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics & Animation
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:51 PM

I have an xbox 1.0, using a chamelion solderless adapter and Xenium chip.
We soldered the adapter onto the lpc points (cuz it wasnt liking those little pins...)and the chip was working fine. At this point, the XBox's guts were everywhere. I was able to boot to X-OS 1.0 and i flashed it to v 1.1 After a while it just sat there and FRAGged. I rebooted it, and it ran fine (even said V1.1) At this point I used the Smart Drive feature to clone my stock drive onto my Western Digital 120 GB. After doing that, I plugged the dvd drive back in, and left in the WD drive. I locked the WD drive and went into MS-Dash. Everything seemed to be working fine. At this point I decided to put my XBox back together. After I reassembled it, it would no longer boot to X-OS. It would boot up with the flubber intro and into MS-Dash, as if there was no chip inside. At this point the LED on the chip is solid red.
Ive taken it apart again, detatched the drives and everything, and it still shows the default flubber intro.

Any ideas?

#2 Jaego

Jaego

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 08:04 PM

We soldered the adapter onto the lpc points (cuz it wasnt liking those little pins...)

So effectively you soldered the solderless adaptor? laugh.gif

I would recheck the solder on all the lpc points... they're so small that it's easy to have a bad point.

Cheers.

#3 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, I know. Haha. We had trouble getting the chip to work with the little pins that the adapter came with. We tried soldering it instead of the pins, and the chip worked great. But now for whatever reason its just being stupid. Might have to give the pinheader a try. My friend was doing the soldering, and that D0 point is sort of scary... its so small!!

Any other suggestions in the meantime anyone? I wont be able to recheck solderpoints till tomorrow.

#4 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 08:32 PM

w00t

Determined that it was the D0 causing the problem. Sort of strange, considering that it was plugged in, and the chip glowed red. It didnt do that when unplugged, so i figured it must have not been that.
Now to figure out how to flash a bios and install Avalaunch or something.

#5 blackbishop

blackbishop

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 10:22 PM

Glad you figured it out and got it working again.

In the future there is a D0 on the back that is larger and easier to use than the one on top

Edited by blackbishop, 08 March 2004 - 10:25 PM.

#6 Jaego

Jaego

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 11:33 PM

Altima NEO Posted on Mar 8 2004, 10:32 PM
  w00t

Determined that it was the D0 causing the problem. Sort of strange, considering that it was plugged in, and the chip glowed red. It didnt do that when unplugged, so i figured it must have not been that.
Now to figure out how to flash a bios and install Avalaunch or something. 

Whoa, wait, so you still had the LED lit when the d0 connection wasn't good? uhh.gif

#7 arjkar

arjkar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 01:50 AM

The D0 pt tells the xbox from which bios to boot, either the MS bios on the TSOP or a bios coming from the LPC (Xenium in ur case), you can sitll have power going to the chip (hence red light) and still be booting into MS bios, because the power is coming from the LPC, but the d0 is telling the box to boot from the MS bios.

huh.gif

#8 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:34 PM

Yeah, but i unplugged the D0 and it stopped glowing. So I made an assumption. =P
I know better now. Got bioses flashed, and Avalaunch going. This is pretty sweet stuf. Use xbox as a cheap media center pc type thing. Thanks for the help guys.

#9 arjkar

arjkar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 08:25 PM

the d0 does not supply power, so even after removing the d0 there should still be an LED lit on the xenium, assuming it had power before

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users