• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rocket54119

rocket54119

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 09:45 AM

I am using this tutorial "No MODChip HDD Replacement Tutorial By: BaD_HeX". I have a couple of problems, I have Windows 2000 and I cannot run the hd_driver program because it says I am missing .dll files (more than one).

Also I can't get my PC to boot up when I have my drive with the OS on it listed as the slave and my Xbox drive as the master. Can I just put my OS as the master and the Xbox as the slave?

Thanks

#2 rocket54119

rocket54119

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:35 PM

Just wanted to add this, If I disable my xbox harddrive using hddisabl.exe will I be able to lock it afterwards if I can't get my new drive to work correctly?

Thanks

#3 Renthal

Renthal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Most stick 'n ball sports, motocross, paintball, video games.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:19 PM

First of all use unlockx instead of hdddisable. I believe for most of these programs to run correctly, the Xbox HDD needs to be on IDE-0 as Master. You shouldn't have to boot into any OS to unlock your drive. You won't be able to boot into windows w/a locked drive anyway. You need to make a boot disc (a CD preferably) and put unlockx on the boot disc and unlock it that way.

I've never read the tutorial you're looking at, but I would recommend using xlinux to copy your original drive to your new drive.

#4 rocket54119

rocket54119

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 12:34 AM

Update, made an image of my xbox hard drive, but I still can't get my PC to boot up with my drive that has my OS on it when it is set to slave and my new xbox hard drive is set to master. Thus, I can't get my password for my new xbox hard drive to lock it because LiveInfo Beta 2 only looks on Physical Drive 0 (which has my OS on it)

Does anyone know another way to get the password for my new xbox hard drive so I can lock it?

Also, when I use Hex Workshop I am supposed to browse to offset 0x600 and change the values, but the best that I can tell my new drive only goes up to 0x512??

I am stuck at Steps 5 and 6 of this tutorial http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=44&t=98806

Any ideas?

#5 rocket54119

rocket54119

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:36 AM

No new news to report on my problems, if anyone can help me I would appreciate it, until then I will keep trying

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users