• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matsku

Matsku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:33 AM

I'm having some strange problems Dosxbox configuration.

First of all, the key mappings work perfectly with the first controller, but not with any of the others. It seems that the other controllers don't receive any mappings, as no input is detected from them by keyboard configuration programs. I know it reads the key mapping settings correctly from the file, because -writeconf saves the mappings correctly.

Secondly, Dosxbox seems to freeze (cursor blinks, but Ctrl-F9 doesn't respond) to -readconf if the cycles-value is lower than previously. I'm not sure if this happens generally, but for those cases I tried the cycles-value was the only thing to change and it works fine as long as the value becomes larger.

I'd like to know anyone else has experienced something like this, or could otherwise verify this behaviour.

#2 Sega

Sega

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 07:13 AM

I've had similar issues. If I change the frameskip or CPU cycles (in either direction) within the game I've tested in it, it freezes. Also, it seems it's impossible to unmount a drive. If I want to change the defaults that it mounts, it's impossible (if you can show me otherwise, I'd very much appreciate it). The autoexec.bat is impossible to change. It's also too bad that you can't boot it without the mandatory "DPMI, NO DPMI" choice. It'd be nice to boot straight into the game with the proper cfg settings smile.gif.

- Sega

#3 Matsku

Matsku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 07:01 AM

I've done some more testing with this, and the Dosxbox freezing is quite inconsistent. I.e. doing consecutive -readconfs with different cycles values works fine, but running certain games in between causes the -redconf to freeze if the cycles value changes. So I guess it's more about something the games do than a problem in Dosxbox.

But the controller issue is still bothering me. Since most people don't seem to be affected by this, it might be because I don't have a keyboard (and most dosxbox users propably do). So I'd appreciate it very much if somebody could go through the trouble of trying my configuration file with and without a keyboard, and report back if they get it to work smile.gif

Edited by Matsku, 14 March 2004 - 07:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users