• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Heh.. XLink
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:20 PM

Hi guys,

My first post here - just wanted to let u guys know whats going on. I've not managed to get hold of unleashX on MSN yet - but it's no problem - dfunked has had a chat with him, and everything seems good here.

At the moment, as my most recent news post explained, I'm just adding the last little bits to the kai engine, and cleaning it up ready for release build.

Ava have been helping us a lot on the xdk side of things - with the SpeeX code and some other pieces - which, will be made available as object code shortly. I appreciate the offers of development help on it from others - but I think we're a bit too far down the road for it to be truly beneficial.

As soon as everything is good, I'll hook up with you guys and we can get cracking - you should be able to drop the kai parts into your product with ease - its just a simple UDP message pump (I'm sure ure cool with broadcasting and non-blocking tongue.gif)

We're getting pretty excited about the future of Kai in homebrew - recent experiements with Wishi from the XFactor crew indicate that we can make a *very* simple document explaining to homebrew devs how to switch their code over to use "real" syslink mode (no more entering IP's) - which also guarantees complete Kai support without any real code changes.. I for one look forward to seeing al the emus, and stuff like Quake2X running syslink style over the Kai network, launched from Kai aware dashboards, with voice over communictor available every step of the way.... even letting u talk to PC users wink.gif

Cheers

TD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users