7 replies to this topic

#1 djmeistro

djmeistro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:17 AM

Ok, so after much research and the idea from my sisters friend, i have made a descision to mod my xbox. I look at everyone's opinions of the MOD chips and notice that the X-Ecuter 2.3 either Lite or Pro is the most used/reliable/satisfactory. So my question is...Should i buy the mod chip now or wait for when ever the next generation X-Ecuter 3 mod chip comes out.

Thanks!

#2 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:24 AM

up to you, the gen4 chips do nothing that impress me, i'd stick with a gen3 chip and save time/money

i dont like the xecuter though, i prefer the xbit

#3 dmack_901

dmack_901

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:N/A
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:32 AM

I, personally, don't think the gen4 chips aren't that big a deal either. It seems like the mod companies are just sticking on unecessary bells an wistles. Don't get me wrong, a little screen on the front fo you xbox is cool, but you do have a 30" tv sitting just above it. I'm happy with my X2.3, and it's all I need. A switch for live, and a seperate switch for my original hard drive. That's all I need.

Now if your the kind of guy who want's the "best on the block" by all means, get a gen4.

#4 djmeistro

djmeistro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:35 AM

Hey thanks guys, you all gave me more confidence to go ahead with the x2.3 mod chip thanks for your opinions!

#5 tribefiend

tribefiend

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:32 AM

It's not like a HUGE investment to decide on a modchip either. We're talking 40-60 bucks. Who knows when the xecuter 3's will be out anyway for sure. Get a 2.3 now and get it done!

#6 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:46 AM

In total agreement with everyone here, i like the xenium's bad flash recovery feature but as long as you aren't a dumbass you shouldnt need to worry. Whatever you get will be fine. I still got my old 2.0 Pro from almost a year ago now and it's going strong, no need for a new one (well maybe when mod chips can blow me and make cookies, then i'd buy one of those...but until then be happy)

#7 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 10 March 2004 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (djmeistro @ Mar 10 2004, 02:35 AM)
Hey thanks guys, you all gave me more confidence to go ahead with the x2.3 mod chip thanks for your opinions!

good luck modding!!

#8 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 March 2004 - 04:23 AM

i have a 2.2 and have no issues. And I won't upgrade. I will say I LOVE the Xenium's recovery features. I think that puts it a bit above the Xecuter in my books.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users