8 replies to this topic

#1 teufel

teufel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:36 AM

I was looking on xbins the other day and saw this video of unleashx preparing and formating a new hard drive automatically. I was just wondering how this is done or if there are any tutorials.

Sorry if this has been asked already I have been searching around and havent found anything..

Thanks,
Teufel

#2 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 March 2004 - 02:31 AM

Ah, this is one more thing I need to document.

Okay, all you really need to do is put your back up of C, E (and/or F if it fits) on \CDrive\, \EDrive\ (and/or \FDrive\). You can also use the names CBackup, EBackup and FBackup, GDrive and GBackup can also be use. Preferably, a copy of UnleashX and config.xml shuold be on CDrive already, if not, UnleashX will handle that.

Burn it, pop it in, let it boot and it should detect that you have a new drive. Follow the on-screen instruction and let it finish. Don't select formating of G if you don't have one. After formating all the partitions, it will then copy the files in those folders to C, E and F. If there's no EvoxDash.xbe on C, it will copy itself as C:\\evoXdash.xbe, then finally proceed with booting up the CD.

A few notes: Make sure your xbox time and date settings are properly set, or is set with a valid value. HD must be configured to use Cable Select (CS). Be quick enough to put the CD/DVD into the tray, or the CD/DVD must already be in the tray before hitting the power button.

#3 teufel

teufel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 04:15 AM

Great! thanks a bunch. This will save me lots of time for sure!
I cant test it out as of now tho because my dvd burner just died a few mins ago sad.gif

thanks again for the fast reply I have been wondering how to do this for awhile now.

Teufel beerchug.gif

#4 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 March 2004 - 06:35 AM

Updateing doc right now wi post it hen im finnished

#5 tweaqr

tweaqr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:02 AM

done

http://www.xbox-skin...=findpost&p=273

#6 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:04 AM

Thanks tweaqr beerchug.gif

#7 Flakvin

Flakvin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 March 2004 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (unleashx @ Mar 10 2004, 04:31 AM)
A few notes: Make sure your xbox time and date settings are properly set, or is set with a valid value.

What exactly happens if the date/time arent set up properly?

I have a dead Xbox HD.. replacement coming soon.. I will probably be using the UnleashX method of preparing the new HD. Xbox has been unplugged for sometime, so the Xbox date/time will have reset to default, is this a problem?

#8 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 09:11 PM

Unless you are using a BIOS with clock check skip feature, it will try to load the dash on the HD first before attempting to boot the disc in the tray. If you attach the new HD without adjusting the time, it will throw an Error 16.

Is your old HD totally dead? If not, it's enough to put UnleashX there, boot it real quick, then shutdown (or of course the stock dash and adjust the time manually). Let it plug for a few minutes, then proceed.

#9 Flakvin

Flakvin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 March 2004 - 07:48 AM

I have X2 4979 bios flashed onto my Matrix Modchip, and I'm sure that version has the 'Clock Check Skipped / Error 16 Fix' on it, so I should be ok.

Phew.. thanks for clearing that up unleashx biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users