#1 athirne

athirne

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 March 2004 - 03:42 AM

I have Visual Studio 2003 Enterprise and the latest XDK release (yay!).
Now having some experence in C++ I thought I would have no problem compiling all of this source code. Guess I was wrong.
I quickly looked around for a way to compile XBMC using the XDK. I found this URL: http://www.xboxmedia...?act=ST;f=5;t=2
Well I did everything it said and it compiled... but I couldnt get a nice dump of the binary. So then I decided to just use the .bat file to build it and everything went fine.

Now I want to figure out how to build source code because I doubt the .bat file would compile other code besides the XBMC CVS tree.

So I decided to try with Baku Baku X (a homebrew game). I opened up the solution and it told me I needed to translate it into something compatable with the current verson of VS .NET so I told it to do so. I set the thing to release and told it to rebuild and I got error codes:

Compiling...
main.cpp
f:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\BakuBakuXv1.0\EnumSoundTrack.cpp(183) : error C2065: 'I3DL2_CHAIN_I3DL2_REVERB' : undeclared identifier
f:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\BakuBakuXv1.0\EnumSoundTrack.cpp(184) : error C2065: 'I3DL2_CHAIN_XTALK' : undeclared identifier

So I thought it might have been a problem with the translation of the code to the new verson so I tried the source code of things like DVD2XBOX and other code I coud find. Needless to say I keept getting error messages that the code was not compiling.

Any Ideas what is wrong?

#2 athirne

athirne

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 03:47 AM

P.S.
for DVD2XBox I got:

c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\documents and settings\administrator\desktop\dvd2xbox-054-src\common\src\xbinput.cpp': No such file or directory
xbhelp.cpp
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\documents and settings\administrator\desktop\dvd2xbox-054-src\common\src\xbhelp.cpp': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Compiling...
xbfont.cpp
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\documents and settings\administrator\desktop\dvd2xbox-054-src\common\src\xbfont.cpp': No such file or directory
xbApplicationEx.cpp
f:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\dvd2xbox-054-src\dvd2xbox\xbox\xbApplicationEx.h(18) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'XBInput.h': No such file or directory
DebugClient.cpp
Xcddb\DebugClient.cpp(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'XBApp.h': No such file or directory
simplexml.cc
xbox\simplexml.cc(31) : warning C4101: 'uptr' : unreferenced local variable
helper.cpp
f:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\dvd2xbox-054-src\dvd2xbox\xbox\helper.h(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'XBFont.h': No such file or directory
handler.cpp
dvd2xbox.cpp
dvd2xbox.cpp(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'XBApp.h': No such file or directory
d2xutils.cpp
xbox\helper.h(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'XBFont.h': No such file or directory
d2xtitle.cpp
xbox\helper.h(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'XBFont.h': No such file or directory
d2xswindow.cpp
xbox\xbApplicationEx.h(18) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'XBInput.h': No such file or directory
d2xsettings.cpp
d2xpatcher.cpp
d2xlogger.cpp
d2xgraphics.cpp
d2xfilecopy.cpp
d2xdrivestatus.cpp
d2xdbrowser.cpp
d2xacl.cpp
cddb.cpp
f:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\dvd2xbox-054-src\dvd2xbox\Xcddb\cddb.h(4) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'XBApp.h': No such file or directory

Are there files that some people dont include in their source that I have to take off of my xbox or somewhere in the XDK files?

(I AM NOT ASKING ANYONE TO SEND ME THESE FILES OR POINT ME TO WHERE I CAN FIND THEM ON THE NET IF THEY ARE COPYRIGHTED CODE so please dont ban me)

Edited by athirne, 10 March 2004 - 03:49 AM.

#3 WiSo

WiSo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:29 AM

Copy the common directory from your XDK parallel to the dvd2xbox directory and you're fine.

#4 athirne

athirne

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 06:08 PM

Well I tried to get it to compile again but it said that a file was still missing (checked and it wasnt in the xbox parallel. I am giving up now on this. But what can I do for the Baku Baku X compiling?
To me it looks like an error in the source code, but I am not sure.

#5 WiSo

WiSo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:30 PM

You're right. The missing file could be taken from one of the previous XDKs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users