11 replies to this topic

#1 TWINGGER

TWINGGER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 02:28 PM

Hey,
I though I would just say that without new novices like us there would be no need for all you wizz kids would there ?
We appreciate your help and all that , but there are some people on here that think they are god , and love to ridicule people who ask basic questions.
It's all well and good saying do the searches , but wtf is this place for if its not asking questions ?
If it has been posted before then dont answer it and maybe they will get the message.
Keep up the good work , and as for the god wanna be's, chill out and be nicer.

wink.gif

#2 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 March 2004 - 02:35 PM

not that i disagree with you, but its not like "the experts" think they are god, everyone was a noob at one point and they learned, so why dont you do the same and quit whining. "noobs" get flamed for asking questions that are posted in obvious places, posting in the wrong section, and posting unessecarily *cough* *cough*. there is no "stupid question", its just that if people took more time to read tutorials and search the forum board more than just the first page, this problem would never arise. everyone thinks that the experts look down upon new comers to the xbox-scene, but when i got here, everyone was nice kind and answered my questions.when people say do searches, its because your question has probably been asked already.

#3 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 March 2004 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (TWINGGER @ Mar 10 2004, 04:28 PM)
If it has been posted before then dont answer it and maybe they will get the message.

hang around the newbie board a while and you will know that this isnt the case... im sure the mods get pissed with how many multiple threads they have to trash...

#4 TWINGGER

TWINGGER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 02:41 PM

I check this place out on a daily basis and have to say it is top draw.
I have learnt all I know by checking forums like this searching on the internet , trial and error etc, but that does not mean everyone can or will do the same.
I feel that some of the people that answer the questions on here do so to look superior to the rest of us.
As I said before it is just an observation and something I felt I would post.
All in all I still know that if I get stuck, or have a major problem this is the place to come.
No offence intended to the helpful wizz kids, but plenty of offence meant to the flash bastards who think they are it.
wink.gif

#5 dmk11

dmk11

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 03:18 PM

I agree. Before I posted, I read most of the tutorials. THe problem is, there are so many tutorials and they don't necessarily apply to you - maybe different xbox version, etc. It's kinda confusing to chose which tutorial to follow.
I finally did my own thing by gathering information from many different places. After understanding the xbox system pretty well. It took me a couple days to figured it out and I'm an electrical engineer...
I guess it's a power trip for some kids who doesn't know much else. dry.gif

#6 moistness

moistness

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 10 March 2004 - 03:30 PM

Shit they're breeding!!!! blink.gif Is there something in the water?? huh.gif

#7 TWINGGER

TWINGGER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:23 AM

A pissed EXPERT (WANNA BE) me thinks laugh.gif

#8 moistness

moistness

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:32 AM

Sorry?

#9 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (dmk11 @ Mar 10 2004, 05:18 PM)
THe problem is, there are so many tutorials and they don't necessarily apply to you - maybe different xbox version, etc. It's kinda confusing to chose which tutorial to follow.
I finally did my own thing by gathering information from many different places.

see thats where common sense should kick in... start with the basics, ie what you already have, ie xbox version and work from there... learning shit on your own is much more commendable than pestering everyone to do it for you...

#10 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:53 AM

Welcome to XBOX-SCENE.

If you are new to this site.. please take the time to lurk and read for awhile before posting questions in any of the forums. We have over 17911+ topics.. with over 1037171+ posts by 106086+ members. In all likelyhood.. your questions have already been answered at least a dozen times or so.

Before Posting for the first time.. check the Tutorials and see if your answers are there. Guides from everthing to taking your XBOX apart, installing Chips, making backups, installing alternative Dashboards and much more can all be found there. Well over 3-400 Guides. XS TUTORIALS/GUIDES Page. Instruction manuals and guides etc for modchips: MODCHIP GUIDES. Need to figure out what version XBOX you have? XBOX VERSIONS GUIDES. Some Software and files we host: TOOLS and SOFTWARE

Now.. after checking for a relevant guide.. we also have alot of great PINNED TOPICS in each and every forum. Most will have pinned guides.. or pinned topics that lead to other key topics in their field. When all else fails.. use XS SEARCH. Use more than one word to narrow down the responses. Using Search properly.. can yeild the best results.. and will keep you from being attacked by people who think they are better than you.

However.. if you don't try and do what has been listed here.. and then ask an often repeated question.. you will be flamed by someone. It's more or less a guarantee. That's the internet. Whining and crying that someone flamed you cause you didn't search for the simplest of questions just makes the situation worse.

I added the italics. And this wasnt even 2 inches above your post when you had to type it out. Before you even took the time out of your day to think up this bit of redundancy in the extreme, it was answered for you. And then you were nice enough to start insulting people. Is being that obtuse a gift, or did mommy and daddy loose a bet with God? Shhhh.....Be Wery Wery Qwiet, Im hunting newwwwwb. Mwahhahahahaha!

Why do you think that some of the more seasoned users here get ticked. Lets say you take the advice you gave, just dont answer, let them learn. Sadly, this encourages the offender to post numerous topics, and then to forum jump, so you have posts about how to make a backup of a game in the Hardware forum, replete with words like 'teh, meh, HELP! mE B4 I kill all you." You get the idea.

Even more appaling are the people who dont want to try anything and figure it out on thier own, no they want a more experienced user to take a chance of screwing up thier own Xbox and then report back to said offender and tell them did it work, or is the Xbox a pile of melted goo. Oh and if you suggest to the offender that they themselves should either do it themselves, or pay the other person to do it, then your given a nice treatise on why you suck and should shut up.

Things like which xbox do I have, which mod chip should I get, the questions anyone could answer after spending a week or 2 around this site, should be exactly that, something that everyone already knows. If your going to take the time to open your console, which you or someone you love paid good money for, you should spend a few good hours researching it , knowing everything you can in your head before you even crack that box, so that when you DO have a screw up, your already prepared. There arent many questions that will have a different answer now, than the one given in the tutorial or a post on the msg boards within the past 6 months.

#11 therebelious1

therebelious1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:bass<br />computers<br />xbox<br />heavy music<br />driving<br />sailing &amp; watersports<br />snowboarding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (TWINGGER @ Mar 11 2004, 10:23 AM)
A pissed EXPERT (WANNA BE) me thinks laugh.gif

an arrogant, self important n00000000000b me thinks

flamethrower.gif uhh.gif

#12 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (therebelious1 @ Mar 11 2004, 05:03 AM)
QUOTE (TWINGGER @ Mar 11 2004, 10:23 AM)
A pissed EXPERT (WANNA BE) me thinks  laugh.gif

an arrogant, self important n00000000000b me thinks

flamethrower.gif uhh.gif

and what makes him a "noob"? Consider the fact that he has been a member of these board before you were... post count, in no way signifies expertise...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users