8 replies to this topic

#1 Odinstorm

Odinstorm

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:48 PM

Backed up unreal 2 to my HDD and it frezzes when I try to start a game. Anyone have this problem and a solution?

Thanks

#2 justice91423

justice91423

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:31 PM

Mine works fine. Copied it with boXplorer witch doesnt patch it or anything. Sounds like it may have had an error when you coppied it, or the disc may have been damaged. Try copying it again.

#3 circusmonkey

circusmonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 05:41 PM

Same problem here, had a brand new version of Unreal2; tryed Xiso & craxtion, burned with nero6 and it freezes on the evoX screen everytime. Using the same media ive been using for months.

#4 sCoTxXx

sCoTxXx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 05:57 PM

Have you read this??

#5 tyronemcbg

tyronemcbg

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:30 PM

I tried using Hddloader, dvd2xbox and neither worked. Everytime I checked with Boxplorer, I was missing files.

First, use Boxplorer to check the number of files and size of the original disc in drive D: , then compare that to the files and size of the game on the Hard Drive.

I guarantee your missing files.

This is how I got around it.

Use Xcommander. Instead of copying all of the folders at once, copy each folder individually. Then compare the size of each folder to the original. Even using this method it did not copy the 'Voices' folder correctly the first time. There are over 2000 files in that folder alone. If it doesn't transfer a folder correctly, just delete that folder and try again. It takes a little longer, but my backup works great.

#6 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (tyronemcbg @ Mar 30 2004, 05:30 PM)
I guarantee your missing files.

I don't think so. Missing files will typically produce a Dirty Disk Error, not cause freezing.

Freezing is generally caused by IGR or a clock issue but there are other reasons as well.

For more information check the link posted by sCoTxXx. rolleyes.gif

#7 tyronemcbg

tyronemcbg

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:52 PM

I disagree. I had the same problem, and this is how I solved it.

Several 'Voice' files did not transfer when using DVD2xbox. So, the program would load correctly, BUT when I got to part in the game that would use the missing voice file, the game froze. Same thing happend to a lot of people when they tried to Back up KOTOR.

I garantee this will solve Odinstorm's problem. Let's see what he has to say.

#8 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (tyronemcbg @ Mar 30 2004, 05:52 PM)
I disagree. I had the same problem, and this is how I solved it.

Several 'Voice' files did not transfer when using DVD2xbox. So, the program would load correctly, BUT when I got to part in the game that would use the missing voice file, the game froze. Same thing happend to a lot of people when they tried to Back up KOTOR.

I garantee this will solve Odinstorm's problem. Let's see what he has to say.

In your case, yes, that makes sense. However, he says the game freezes right when booting up. This problem is usually typical of IGR or clock settings. I'd try checking those two things first. Also, always read the report at the end of backing up using dvd2xbox to see if any files have failed to copy before proceeding. That saves you a lot of headaches.

That's just my most educated guess based on the facts presented. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. wink.gif

beerchug.gif

#9 tyronemcbg

tyronemcbg

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:21 PM

I hear you Chefelf!

Cheers! beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users