• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 blanter

blanter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 03:42 AM

I was just wondering how Xbox-scene has managed to stay around for so long. I remember a website about the Dreamcast scene(dc-scene.com), but they got shut down. Does anyone remember that website from like 3-4 years ago? Why can't MS do the same thing to xbox-scene?

#2 lan122

lan122

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 March 2004 - 03:47 AM

Who knows...just enjoy it while its here.

#3 X2Gamer

X2Gamer

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 March 2004 - 04:06 AM

It's not like this site really offers anything illegal. Piracy talk is forbiddena dn modded so MS can't shut it down for that. I'm not sure really maybe MS likes this site as I'm sure they're aware that it exsists maybe the information here helps them in some way.

#4 dangpride

dangpride

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 04:15 AM

yeah, the purpose of xbox-scene is not really about chipping xboxes to play illegal copies. if you do it that's your thing. it's just a community like any others, a place to talk, get help, and help other people.

i think xbox-scene does got very good moderators which try to keep xbox-scene clean from ppl posting about illegal stuff.

peace out and yah, just enjoy the scene

#5 Anushian

Anushian

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 04:19 AM

http://www.dcemulation.com/

but then again the dc isnt really around in commercial markets anymore...

#6 neosnightmare

neosnightmare

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:05 AM

thats interesting. i had no idea that the dreamcast console was able to do shit like that. i may buy 1 jus to try this out.

#7 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:08 AM

MS knowns that fi they work hard enough, they will still make plenty of money. For example, I don't own a game, yet even rent a game unless it has a live feature... I love online play... which is exactly what MS is pushing... smile.gif

Edited by lookformeb, 11 March 2004 - 05:08 AM.

#8 itsjustme

itsjustme

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:25 AM

I think that x-s has kept it legit by stopping the blatant piracy talk.
there are always those idiots who make that hard to do but in general their is alot of talk about legal issues here. The case modding etc is really cool and i have given M$ more than my share of money for the box and most here would probably say the same.

#9 Bungholer

Bungholer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:47 AM

You guys really must be kidding about Piracy talk on this site. This board is full of it,just look in the backup forum and an dashboard forum as you need a modchip to use a non ms dashboard or even read some post in the gamers forums as you need a modchip to play games from the hard drive. Please stop pissing up a tree and face the truth laugh.gif

#10 moistness

moistness

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Bungholer @ Mar 11 2004, 10:47 AM)
You guys really must be kidding about Piracy talk on this site. This board is full of it,just look in the backup forum and an dashboard forum as you need a modchip to use a non ms dashboard or even read some post in the gamers forums as you need a modchip to play games from the hard drive. Please stop pissing up a tree and face the truth laugh.gif

Oh dont start! dry.gif

Piracy and copyright are two separate things, and links to xdk compiled binaries are not allowed here anyway!

So, x-s is pretty safe!

#11 Bungholer

Bungholer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:54 AM

moistness,since when?

#12 Bungholer

Bungholer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:12 AM

Just had a thought,I really think that MS are reading all posts on this board so that they can see how there protection on the xbox is bypassed so that they will not make the same mistakes with xbox 2, i should know as i have had piracy dealing with MS about 6 years about and i now know how they work. meaning that MS do there homework

#13 moistness

moistness

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (Bungholer @ Mar 11 2004, 11:12 AM)
Just had a thought,I really think that MS are reading all posts on this board so that they can see how there protection on the xbox is bypassed so that they will not make the same mistakes with xbox 2, i should know as i have had piracy dealing with MS about 6 years about and i now know how they work. meaning that MS do there homework

No1 reason why X-S is still here!! wink.gif

And since when what??

#14 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (Bungholer @ Mar 11 2004, 05:47 AM)

We crack down on piracy as hard as we possibly can. We do help people make backups of copies they own. Don't bother arguing that what I'm saying isn't true, because you obviously don't scrutinize over the hundreds of thousands of posts here that may or may not stand a chance of getting this site shitcanned like some of the mods do. I've already got you pinned as the person that shouts, "Pirate kiddie!!!one!" when a user says they've hit a roadblock making a backup. So keep on contributing solid material like that.

#15 frozen lake

frozen lake

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:games, sex, movies, sex, music, sex
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:30 AM

i have one thing to add....

Ok, you back up your game which is talked about here smile.gif

However if someone asks for a link for a site that has manuals they get a roasting.
Correnct me if i am wrong, but the manual gets pretty worn after time...torn page..food...etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users