Photo

Is There A Faq For Setting Up Shoutcast?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phantasm

Phantasm

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:43 AM

I was wondering how I can set up Ava to stream shoutcast music. I am using 48.60 if thats any help to you guys. I am not at all familiar with shoutcast, so you will kinda have to go in baby steps with me. Basicaly, I am looking to get 80's & 90's hair metal streamed thru Ava. I'm not sure if there is a specific server I need to use or where to add the setting. I did a search, but I couldn't find anything too helpfull.

Also, is there any plans to add a txt/xml editor to Ava anytime? I would like to edit the settings right on the Xbox instead of having to ftp the files back & forth to my computer. Anyways, great job...This is definatly the best dash out there right now.

#2 caseyhalone

caseyhalone

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 March 2004 - 01:33 PM

biggrin.gif i also would like some shoutcast info.
soon to get a 65" tv so i need some new apps to justify it.

#3 Phantasm

Phantasm

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 10:38 AM

BUMP!!!

I tried useing AvaConfig to help me along with this yesterday, but all it did was screw up my XML file.

Please, I'm asking somebody who knows how to do this to walk me thru it. It's obvious I'm not the only one with this problem from the ammount of veiws on this topic.

If you're veiwing this topic & also would like a FAQ, please take a second to bump this topic. Thank you.

#4 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory

Posted 12 March 2004 - 02:14 PM

Go to shoutcast.com and find the music you like. save the .pls files to your computer. Open them with a text editor and copy the link out. Put that in your .sc file for ava and that is what it will play. in .60 click the left thumb stick to start it playing.

#5 caseyhalone

caseyhalone

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 07:03 PM

i dont get it?

#6 Kells

Kells

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Phantasm @ Mar 12 2004, 12:38 PM)
BUMP!!!

I tried useing AvaConfig to help me along with this yesterday, but all it did was screw up my XML file.

Please, I'm asking somebody who knows how to do this to walk me thru it. It's obvious I'm not the only one with this problem from the ammount of veiws on this topic.

If you're veiwing this topic & also would like a FAQ, please take a second to bump this topic. Thank you.

How did AvaConfig screw up your xml settings? was there a bug with it? or did you forget to load yoursettings before saving new ones?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users