• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 02:04 PM

Hi. I've read that it's possible to play .xmv movies with UnleashX is this true? Which version do I need at least and how does it work? Can I burn the .xmv files together with UnleashX on a CDRW? I don't want to install UnleashX on my HDD.

I have some .xmv files from a NTSC Xbox game that have stuttering sound when I play the game in PAL/PAL60. I can't switch to NTSC because my TV doesn't support it. Do you think they will play fine with UnleashX or will there be the same sound problems?

#2 BloodyMary

BloodyMary

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 March 2004 - 02:28 PM

The xbox dvd drive plays cdrw's slower then it would if you burned it to a dvd-r (or dvd+r if your drive supports it). So if you are playing them off of CDRW you will probably experience choppiness... try dumping the game to the xbox hard drive (which you can do right from unleashx) then play it off there, to see if you get better results. To answer your question about puting UnleashX on a disc with multiple xmv files.. I suppose this would work fine.. since UnleashX has a built in file browser capable of playing movie files (not all types, but a few)..

Also.. there's no trouble in running UnleashX as an app on your hard drive, if you don't want to replace your current dashboard... the only file required is the default.xbe file that come with the official distribution.

Edited by BloodyMary, 11 March 2004 - 02:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users