• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 March 2004 - 11:27 PM

Ok first up this isn't a flame in any way at nghtshd or jbone- just want to know if what i'm saying makes sense- and if it does maybe it can be a warning to other flash happy people out there biggrin.gif

Ok i wanted to check out jbone's modified coloured animation, so got it from the usual place and as i have all mod related stuff on my f:partition got xbtool 1.0.22 to edit the boot sequence to launch avalaunch from the f:partition.

While i was doing it i also checked the embed eeprom box.

stupidly i didn't paste my own valid eeprom into the patch data folder, but unlike the previous version of xb tool i used (1.0.19b2) there must havebeen an eeprom.bin file in the patch data folder (just opened up the rar file and there is one there) because no error popped up saying no eeprom (or words to that effect) as there was when i tried to embed an eeprom before using 1.0.19b2- (in that instance i then pasted my eeprom in there and embeded it and flashed it and it worked fine)

anyway saved the bios ftped it over to the xbox and flashed it with "Xflash for SST49lf020 v2" (got a cheapmod).

Rebooted the xbox and got the green flash once followed by the flashing red, which from the errors page is a bad/corrupt/missing eeprom.

Turn the modchip off and the xbox boots to the m$ dash fine.

I'm not 100% sure but does that mean that the eeprom i embeded in the bios was corrupt?

If so maybe it'd be a good idea if that eeprom was removed from the patched data subdirectory?

Could anyone conifrm if my reasoning here is correct?

If my reasoning is correct at least it proves that the eeprom embeding is actually working biggrin.gif but i guess you guys already knew that wink.gif

Edited by nimbles, 12 March 2004 - 11:30 PM.

#2 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 03:18 AM

hmm.. in my version there was no eeprom.bin in that folder.

anyways, to fix it, just flash a new bios or embed your own eeprom into it.

#3 HiRoll3r

HiRoll3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Drugs mostly
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 March 2004 - 11:36 PM

The problem is with the bios you're trying to embed the eeprom in. You can only do it with the M7 bios, not X2. Reflash your bios and you'll be fine.

Edited by HiRoll3r, 13 March 2004 - 11:37 PM.

#4 AE6689

AE6689

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 01:25 AM

No X2 4981 has suppport for embedded eeprom. I also just got the blue ani 4981 from xbins and the newest xbtool to edit it. My xbtool came with and eeprom.bin in the patch data folder too. Luckily I replaced it before I clicked embed eeprom. (Not sure what would happen if I hadn't.) You just need to reflash I guess.

#5 Nailed

Nailed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (AE6689 @ Mar 14 2004, 02:25 AM)
No X2 4981 has suppport for embedded eeprom.

xbtool 1.0.19b2 can embed eeproms in X2 4981... and it indeed works.

Edited by Nailed, 14 March 2004 - 03:02 AM.

#6 HiRoll3r

HiRoll3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Drugs mostly
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:23 AM

I guess I'm wrong then smile.gif . I tried several times to get the embedded eeprom to work with 4981, just kept fragging. Tried it with M7 and it worked fine. Maybe I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

#7 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 March 2004 - 07:29 AM

Yeah, i've embeded my eeprom in an x2 4981 bios several times before, using 1.0.19.b2

I can only think that the eeprom was invalid.

Unfortunately i only have a single bank cheapmod chip- so i'm gonna have to hot swap the modchip and reflash it that way.

Edited by nimbles, 14 March 2004 - 07:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users