shodanjr_gr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 March 2004 - 09:56 PM

Okie so i wanted to boot my audio hack (damn cant wait for my modchip to arrive). I press power and Munch's Oddysey loads (which apparently i had forgotten in the drive). I so select in the game menu "Quit to dashboard". I quit and proceed to load the swapless audio hack normally. Although instead of loading evox the xbox reseted (and stayed in the XBox logo screen a little longer i think).
After that it reloaded Munchs oddysey (which was still in the drive). I did the same thing and again it reseted. I thought that maybe my hack had been corrupted so i tried it without the dvd in drive and it worked flawlesly.

So i figured, why is this happening? When i do the 007 AUF hack i can view the contents of my dvd drive normally and rip teh game files. So i thought, that if i we could load a game first THEN launch the exploit, we could view the contents of the dvd drive (cause normally with later kernels like 5530, u can only see the video_ts folder).

Maybe this is totally bogus, but there might be some untapped potential in this game, thats why i posted. Any ideas/opinions?

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 05:23 AM

I don't think normally the option quit to dashboard is present in a game. I always thought it wasn't possible to run the msdash with a game in the drive.
Anyway I indeed saw it in the game but I don't think it would make any difference since the game is not active when te hack is done and it would still show up as a video.
When you do the 007 auf the game is allready active so it doesn't search for any keys that's why you can see the contents of that game.

#3 shodanjr_gr

shodanjr_gr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 07:36 AM

Yeah but what if the bios flag remains toggled after the game quits? Theoritically that way we "could" gain access to the contents of the DVD Rom drive. Can someone who has done the fonts exploit on their xbox try this? Theoritically once u select "Quit to dashboard" the hacked font exploits would kick in and run a hacked dashboard instead. Then check if u can view the contents of ur dvd rom (full contents, not just video TS). BTW we need someone with K:5530 and upwards so that PBL cant be used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users