7 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Banes

Dr.Banes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 02:17 AM

I've searched the threads in regards to this burner. I burned 1 copy of Ninja Gaiden using Nero, I popped it in my xbox-says unknown! I lent to a friend and works flawlessly. The media I used is Leda 4x DVD-R bought at shop4tech.com. My brother owns a Pioneer a06 not one problem with this media.I've tried Sony DVD+R and Memorex DVD-R-no luck. I'm going to try TDK DVD-R to see what happens. Has anyone had any success with this burner?The firmware is the latest from LITEON, my xbox drive is a Thomson, matrix chip,latest evox,evox m7 bios, no in game reset on. I've heard Ritek is pretty good for all xbox drives, I thought Sony would be the best but that shit reads as no disk. If worse comes to worst I'll buy a Pioneer and never buy a LITEON DVDR/RW writer or recommend one.If anyone can post a success story it would be gratly appreciated.

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 March 2004 - 03:34 AM

I use Ritek-R with my 811S and have no troubles.

Just to check, what motherboard/chipset does your computer have? 811S seem to have a problem with the nForce2 chipset (it's the problem of the nForce2 drivers, not the 811S).

#3 Dr.Banes

Dr.Banes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 11:59 PM

My Pc is an Athlon64 3000, MSI VIA KT800, 1GB Samsung DDR400,Maxtor 200GB SATA.

#4 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 March 2004 - 02:29 AM

Does it have chipset drivers? If so try rolling the IDE drivers back to the MS drivers to see if that remedies your problem.

#5 therealrock69

therealrock69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 05:26 AM

I have an -811 lite on burner and it works great with ritek dvd-r's. Thats probably half the problem, the other half is your thomson dvd drive in your xbox. I have a samsung sdg-605 and they read almost every type of media! I use to have a thomson and it didn't read half the shit my samsung does. Trust me, invest in a samsung dvd player for your xbox and buy ritek media and all your problems will be solved. With my samsung I can burn the smaller games on any brand of cd-r and it reads them all. hope this helps.

#6 Sarvatt

Sarvatt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 March 2004 - 05:49 AM

I have an 851s which is pretty much the same drive as the 811s, and a thompson drive in my xbox. I use RICOHJPNR01 DVD+R's which are sold as Sony 4x, TDK 4x (on sale for $25 for 25 at best buy right now) and Maxell 4x and haven't had any problems at all. They burn great at 8x even though they're only 4x certified biggrin.gif You might want to look into setting the booktype of the DVD+R's to DVD-ROM using the utility on lite-on's website and thier newest firmware.

Edited by Sarvatt, 15 March 2004 - 05:49 AM.

#7 Dr.Banes

Dr.Banes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:53 AM

Thanks for the help, I'm going to try the Ritek dvd-r as that seems to be the success story with the 811s. I have the latest firmware from liteon and all also the latest chipset drivers. I tried Sony but no go. At least they worked on my friend's xbox who happens to have a Samsung drive so I know I'm not crazy. I guess that my xbox just does'nt like leda,memorex or sony burned on my liteon..what a finicky bitch but I still love her.I'll also try the booktype setting with the sony dvd+r. Again much thanks! biggrin.gif

#8 Dr.Banes

Dr.Banes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:59 PM

Ok..the booktype utility worked on dvd+rs and it is pretty safe to use ritek dvd-r media
with the Liteon Ldw 811s in case anybody ever has the same problem...now onto making that n64 emulator dvd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users