6 replies to this topic

#1 gimic

gimic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 08:18 PM

Hi,

i've just bought a second hand xbox at a local store here, i've played the games that came with it without problems. so i've tryed to view a Dvd that came with some news paper contest. i'ts brand new and it won't play in my xbox. following message displays: "xbox can't recognize this disc, make shure its an xbox game, dvd movie or .... also check to see if disk is dirty or damaged, remove disk to continue."
according to this forum its a V1.0 Xbox with Thomson drive. i did not give up on the xbox, so i went to my neighbour and borrowed 2 dvd's , i tryed the first one, it's MIB II , that one worked without any problem. i tryed the second one, same message appeared on the screen. so i ask my neighbour where he got that one dvd, he says that he has gotten it with the newspaper, just like i did but it's an other move (deer hunter) . so i still have the problem that some dvd's won't play (apparently only 1 bought one plays, didn't test others) i go and tell some folks about that, and some dude says he bought a xbox last month and deer hunter plays on his xbox. so now is my question, is there something wrong with my xbox, should i send it in before i try to mod the box? or will it help to mod my box to read those dvd's?

Tnx
Greetz Gimic

#2 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 March 2004 - 08:40 PM

Is your xbox modded? some how?
your thomson drive is very picky about what it would play.. a pot tweak is 1 of 2 options you have... the second options is to buy a new dvd drive

#3 gimic

gimic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 06:30 AM

my xbox is not modded, i'ts original out of the box. will modding my box improve the reading of dvd's or should i return it to MS for repair? i still got guarentee till 20 april.

Gimic

#4 gimic

gimic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 07:50 PM

just got 2 dvd's from a friend, he got them with his dvd player, none of them plays when the xbox is booted, but when the dvd is inside, and then you boot the xbox, it plays one of the two dvd's. there is one dvd that really doesnt play sad.gif
what should i do? return it to the store, i've got 7 days left to return it.?

tnx
Gimic

#5 gimic

gimic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 07:53 PM

just got 2 dvd's from a friend, he got them with his dvd player, none of them plays when the xbox is booted, but when the dvd is inside, and then you boot the xbox, it plays one of the two dvd's. there is one dvd that really doesnt play sad.gif
what should i do? return it to the store, i've got 7 days left to return it? i see that the price is gonna drop if the article is right, i bought it for 145 euro's...

tnx
Gimic

Edited by gimic, 15 March 2004 - 07:55 PM.

#6 shodanjr_gr

shodanjr_gr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 March 2004 - 08:26 PM

Well, it could be that ur tomphson is a REAL crap drive. But it could also be that those DVDs are of REAL crap quality.

PS:$150 for a second hand xbox is way too much...u got ripped off m8 sad.gif

#7 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 09:10 PM

If it's under warranty have them replace it. Maybe you luck out and get a Sammy or the new Thomson that reads more media. Either way ANY Xbox DVD drive should read games and legit DVDs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users