#1 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 March 2004 - 01:35 AM

I recently made a little business venture to sell some VCDs over the internet. They aren't related to Xbox or modding in any way, so I am unsure whether or not I could post a thread in the Buy & Sell forum here. I don't want to get banned, so please advise! Thanks!

#2 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:35 AM

If there is any sort of copyrighted material on those VCDs (ie, television shows, movies, music vids), absolutley not.

It would be considered backup selling (VCDs = cheap movie backups, last time I checked) and you would be banned within a day.

#3 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

bump unsure.gif

I am in a serious money crunch and really need to know if it would be okay to list it in the buy and sell forum!

#4 xboxistheshiznit

xboxistheshiznit

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

if your talkin vcd's of movies you dont have the rights to, i wouldnt sugest it... ph34r.gif

#5 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (brahm2 @ Mar 15 2004, 11:35 PM)
If there is any sort of copyrighted material on those VCDs (ie, television shows, movies, music vids), absolutley not.

It would be considered backup selling (VCDs = cheap movie backups, last time I checked) and you would be banned within a day.

I'm really not sure of the copyright thing...I've seen the same VCD backups sold on numerous other webshops, as well as ebay...so I assume the international copyright doesn't apply, if it even exists?

Thanks for your advice!

#6 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:45 AM

Those are the same kind of webshops that probably get filtered here on XS for selling backups.

If it is something YOU are making with your HOME CD BURNER then NO. Or, if you ordered a whole bunch of *discount* VCDs from Asia then NO. The only kind of videos that should be sold in BST are original DVDs and original VHS tapes.. no bootlegs.

Just because other webshops do it does not mean they are allowed to, and it does not mean that you are allowed to here.

#7 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (brahm2 @ Mar 15 2004, 11:45 PM)
Just because other webshops do it does not mean they are allowed to, and it does not mean that you are allowed to here.

Well that's why I asked!

Thanks. cool.gif

#8 AnThRaX

AnThRaX

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (brahm2 @ Mar 15 2004, 10:45 PM)
Those are the same kind of webshops that probably get filtered here on XS for selling backups.

If it is something YOU are making with your HOME CD BURNER then NO. Or, if you ordered a whole bunch of *discount* VCDs from Asia then NO. The only kind of videos that should be sold in BST are original DVDs and original VHS tapes.. no bootlegs.

There are also original VCD's if you didn't know there like a cheap dvd. But lower quality. But, they do sell originals of them!

#9 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 March 2004 - 03:10 AM

if it is copyrighted, UR A FUCKIN IDIOT, dont XS say Piracy posts will get u banned. Unless u wanna get banned go right ahead. But if its like ur own home videos i aplogize. But it sounds like copyrighted material. Besides, why would people want to buy it from u, when they could just get it off KaZaA or some p2p program. No ofense, just my 2 cents

#10 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (buttface96 @ Mar 16 2004, 12:10 AM)
if it is copyrighted, UR A FUCKIN IDIOT, dont XS say Piracy posts will get u banned. Unless u wanna get banned go right ahead. But if its like ur own home videos i aplogize. But it sounds like copyrighted material. Besides, why would people want to buy it from u, when they could just get it off KaZaA or some p2p program. No ofense, just my 2 cents

Hm, well at least I'm a "FUCKIN IDIOT" who can spell correctly.

Finish middle school, then act like you know something about copyright law, okay?

#11 AnThRaX

AnThRaX

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (buttface96 @ Mar 15 2004, 11:10 PM)

How are you gonna say NO OFFENSE and just flat out call someone a FUCKING IDIOT. Man your a PRICK cussing.gif

Edited by AnThRaX, 16 March 2004 - 03:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users