7 replies to this topic

#1 spare72

spare72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:05 AM

Okay, This is a wierd one (or at least I think so)

I am having problems transfering files from my xbox to my computer. Example - I have say Nemo on my hard drive and its working fine. I then FTP into my box via my computer and try to copy it to my computer. When it copies it reports wrong file sizes and does not copy all the files. Now if the whole folder takes up 2 gb on my box it will copy to the computer and say its only 900mb.

I am using Smart FTP and have an old dashboard but it does not do it will all games. I was thinking it might be a file attribute on the box but its also reporting wring file sizes and not doing a 100% copy of a file.

I am seriously confused on this one. All my settings are correct and I can copy from computer to xbox with no problems but box to computer does not work!

Wierd

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 March 2004 - 01:32 PM

Well, I'd try two things:

1.) Download FlashFXP and give it a shot with that. I was a religious user of CuteFTP until I got into Xbox modding and ran into a few problems. Everyone seemed to be using FlashFXP so I gave it a shot and it's worked perfectly ever since.

2.) If that doesn't work try upgrading the the latest version of whatever dashboard you're using. Could be an FTP server issue.

Good luck!

#3 spare72

spare72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 01:35 PM

I am going to try the dashboard upgrade first. I am still using the one that came with the PREPARE NEW HD thing I got.

Funny thing is I wanted to not use the slayer disk so I could learn how this all works. Had I used slayer this would have not been an issue.

Thanks Chef Elf, you rock!! biggrin.gif

#4 spare72

spare72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:00 AM

Ok I upgraded to the latest and greatest Evox dashboard and tried using FlashFXP and still its tanking out on me.

I am trying to copy a file thats 182mb it gets to 35% and drops off and says

yoyoabor is not implemented

I am going to try FTPing from the xbox insted of connecting to the xbox but I am still confused at what is going on here! I am still learning about FTP so I am hoping someone might know what this problem is! I am off to scour the helpfiles and hopefully get a stepping stone to troubleshoot

#5 skeen

skeen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (spare72 @ Mar 17 2004, 04:00 AM)
I am trying to copy a file thats 182mb it gets to 35% and drops off and says

yoyoabor is not implemented

I am going to try FTPing from the xbox insted of connecting to the xbox but I am still confused at what is going on here!

yoyoabor is not implemented? Are you sure that's the error you got or a typo I can't figure out.

#6 spare72

spare72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 01:20 PM

Yeah its yoyoabor is not implemented. Its wierd, the y has two dots over it and teh o has an small v over it. Abor is regular.

Smart FTP reports it as

YO in not implemented
YO is not implemented
ABOR is not implemented

FlashFXP reports it as

YOYOABOR is not implemented

Now these are the lines that follow after it hits 35%. When it gets to this point it just stops sending the file. I watch the transfer rate go down.

ABOR is an abort command and I found it on SmartFTP help files. YO YO I have not been able to find. Like I said I am really weak on FTP but I am researching and learning. I was just curious if anyone had come across this.

#7 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:13 PM

Again, I would recommend downloading and trying out FlashFXP. I've never had any YOYOBAR problems with that program. wink.gif

#8 spare72

spare72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 06:27 PM

No Chef I took your advice and tried FlashFXP and go the same error as SmartFTP. I will agree that Flash is much easier to use than Smart FTP.

I am going to try going from my Xbox to computer tonight and see if that helps. Right now I am going from my computer to xbox

I do not know what yoyoabor even is!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users