• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bluepixel

bluepixel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 03:46 PM

I have spent probably 20 hours now scouring forums and chat rooms trying to figure out the best way to do this, and I have met with failure so far. I bought a USB->XBOX connector so that I could connect a generic storage device to be used as a memory card. The first one I tried (a sandisk 256MB key) didn't work, which I found out is because the XBOX doesn't support it. Then, luckily, I found out that my Nikon Coolpix digital camera is recognized by the XBOX, and I thought I was on my way.

Then I found out that the Mega X-Key software doesn't support anything besides 32MB storage devices. Refusing to be defeated, I looked around until I found the MXK_Bxbx software and tried that. Now the saved game transfers to my CoolPix, but when I try to view/copy it to the HD in the XBOX, it says that the memory card is empty, and then when I plug it back into my PC it actually is empty. I'm at the end of my knowledge and ability to circumvent things, so I'd like any help anyone can give me.

Has anyone done a softmod exploit with a non-mega-x-key storage device? If so, what software and how? (and I know about the pro-action replay, but I'd rather stick with the stuff I've purchased if at all possible)

Also, has the clock loop been fixed? I am worried about that because the primary reason I'm going to be doing this mod is so I can use my XBOX as a portable media center/emulation center. Later versions of the Bert and Ernie font exploits seem to say that it has been fixed, but I'm not sure.

Also, does anyone have a slightly modified version of the 007/MA savehack tutorial that accounts for the Phoenix 1.4 BIOS? Because following the instructions in the tutorial I didn't have some of the files it told me to delete and so I'm not sure if they were correct or not.

Addendum: is there really a Splinter Cell save game exploit? SC is the only possible exploit game that I actually own.

Well, lots of questions, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Michael Bleigh

#2 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 March 2004 - 05:34 PM

i don't know of anyone ever using a device like that to softmod a box. you can try it though, no harm in that.

to my knowledge the cloop loop is still a problem. it can be fixed though. i use bigfonts25 and have never ran into a clock loop problem. if you worried about unplugging your box, put audio on as well as font so you can turn one off and the other on to avoid clock looping.

and when you talk about a modified MA/007 hack to support the 1.4 bios do you mean that you are going to do it on a 1.5 box w/ the focus chip and are worried about the scrambled video? i don't know if they have fixes yet for the gamesaves, but you can still use the existing MA/007 hacks. just set the ip in the evox.ini before you transfer it to static. then you won't have to blindly guess the DHCP ip.

i believe there is a SC exploit, although i personally have never used that one.

#3 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:33 PM

clockloop is not fixed, and try using codejunkies action-replay software to transfer the files.

#4 bluepixel

bluepixel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:08 PM

I am sooo close. I determined that it wasn't a hardware difficulty causing my games to disappear because I tried a Kingston 256MB memory key instead of my camera and had the same issue. The weird thing is, the XBOX shows that there are blocks being used but doesn't detect a saved game. I need some way to fix this, and one idea I have is using the OzXMemory Stick Explorer with possibly a created image of a save...how would I go about making a save into an xfat image? Anyone have advice from this point?

#5 bluepixel

bluepixel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 12:19 AM

Okay, one more status update...I managed to get MechInstaller on a memory card by using ozxmemory which means that its only Mega X-Key that is messing up my ability to work all of this out (I want to use Morden's, not MechInstaller, and with Splinter Cell if at all possible). Is there any way to convert saved games to .img files that can be transferred via ozxmemory? I am so close now I can taste it, just this little bit to go.

#6 Chicken Scratch Boy

Chicken Scratch Boy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 March 2004 - 12:21 AM

easiest way i can see is get load up the linux mechinstaller save to your memory card or whatever, then use the emergancy linux to ftp in your evox save package

#7 bluepixel

bluepixel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:14 AM

OK, one more time I guess, or at least I'll keep hoping its one more time.

I have successfully ran the MechInstaller, so I now have that running, but what I want is to have the Morden's audio exploit so that I can still enjoy the normal xbox benefits. My problem is this: I can't seem to telnet to my xbox, and I don't think the basic linux for MechInstaller even supports ftp (correct me if I'm wrong)...is there any way to get Morden's exploit onto my xbox from a cd or something? If not, does anybody know how xbox-linux made that MechInstaller savegame into the .img file that can be transferred from CvxMemoryStick Explorer? This is definitely the home stretch, I just want to get XBMC or Evox going so that I can get back to tutorial-land!

#8 bluepixel

bluepixel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 10:19 PM

Well, with no response today I gave up and bought an Action Replay. Hopefully that will solve my problems after I get back from Spring Break. Ah well.

#9 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 11:40 PM

w/ your AR make sure you use a MS memory card. the AR card will most likely corrupt the gamesave.

#10 Chicken Scratch Boy

Chicken Scratch Boy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 March 2004 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (bluepixel @ Mar 17 2004, 04:19 PM)
Well, with no response today I gave up and bought an Action Replay. Hopefully that will solve my problems after I get back from Spring Break. Ah well.

NO! YOU FOOL!

ftp://192.168.0.3/mnt/

from what i can tell, NO PASSWORD, have fun, cause the action replay can now be returned and you dont need to buy a $30 memory card wink.gif

#11 Qube

Qube

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 06:35 PM

Splinter Cell exploit works just fine. I've put together a kit that installs pbi, evox, and 'discless' audio exploit from memory card.

#12 mike_385

mike_385

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:19 PM

can somebody tell me where to find that kit as i dont see it anywhere i would like a auto installer like the one with 007 but with splinter cell is there actually one that exists?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users