krazyjosh5

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 December 2002 - 11:45 PM

Hey,
I cant believe noone came up with this earlier!! Heres how you can foolproof your xbox for xbl.

1.) Put in external switches, not hard, not expensive
2.) Put in external hdd mod, can do it with asscheeks, not too pricy

Thats IT! GENIUS! lol. This will only work with xboxs with upgraded hard drives (i know i got a 120gigger under the hood of mine) and whos original hdd isnt "evoxed" or anything else

smile.gif Hope this helps

#2 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 December 2002 - 11:56 PM

Or you can save money and boot EvolutionX from a CD. And, what's the big deal about external switches?? Matrix has mode 3 which is fine.

Opjose has the supposed "full-proof" method and he is working on the tutorial at the moment (I think he is...)

#3 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 09:38 AM

Genius?

WRONG!

Next time you should start out by perusing the forums least you insert foot in mouth again.

Then you'd learn the foilability of your NOT brilliant plan.

#4 eXpired

eXpired

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 09:56 AM

I think what he means is to use a dual switch of sorts; 1 position loads modified hard drive AND mod, 1 loads original WITHOUT mod. Not foolproof, because any old douchebag can run a Live update or game and get banned instantly with a mod installed. Though, it's not a bad idea to work off of IMHO.

Opjose, the guy is trying. 1 out of 10 people who post to these forums probably search for a previous related post. Give the guy a break before you try and throw thunderbolts out of your ass from your little soap box in the xbox-scene sky. Have a fucking heart, for god's sakes.

#5 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (eXpired @ Dec 20 2002, 08:56 AM)
I think what he means is to use a dual switch of sorts; 1 position loads modified hard drive AND mod, 1 loads original WITHOUT mod. Not foolproof, because any old douchebag can run a Live update or game and get banned instantly with a mod installed. Though, it's not a bad idea to work off of IMHO.

Opjose, the guy is trying. 1 out of 10 people who post to these forums probably search for a previous related post. Give the guy a break before you try and throw thunderbolts out of your ass from your little soap box in the xbox-scene sky. Have a fucking heart, for god's sakes.

Nope, it's not merited.

When someone posts "GENIUS" they better have something good, not things which we've covered long ago and thrown out.

Were he to have REALLY "tried", perusing the forums would have turned up that his "brilliant" idea wasn't.

The last thing we need is another uninformed speculator sending the noobies in a tizzy.

So "I shall smite with flame and wrath" anyone that goes this route.

muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif

#6 krazyjosh5

krazyjosh5

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 12:08 AM

ok then smart ass, wheres my flaw? i do external mod switches so i can ASSUREDLY switch to mode 1 (making this foolproof :X) and also i have external hdd mod with an original virgin hdd. wheres my flaw? ive seen plenty of people going crazy on what to do to get their matrix on live. prove to me how this wouldnt work. im not saying i can get backups to work, i just have a foolproof protection for matrix users w. upgraded hdds to get on live.

also, opjose, the only xbox isoing program that worked for me is xISO smile.gif ive tried other tools and ONLY xISO works. smile.gif just to let you know

btw, "GENIUS" was semi-sarcastic

Edited by krazyjosh5, 21 December 2002 - 12:14 AM.

#7 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 12:24 AM

ive seen plenty of people going crazy on what to do to get their matrix on live. prove to me how this wouldnt work. im not saying i can get backups to work, i just have a foolproof protection for matrix users w. upgraded hdds to get on live.

Seen people going crazy about getting their Matrix modded Xbox on Live? Yeah, put the Matrix in mode 3. That's it. Yeah, someone might fuck up and load Live with the modchip on, but hey, that's life. Someone might wreck your car, no way to prevent that.

Also, it doesn't matter what kind of a HD you use with Live. It just has to be locked. There may be a chance MS could check the HD to see if you have custom apps on it, but its not happening at the present.

With the Matrix and its flashableliness (lol), you can have the Xbox boot evoxdash.xbe and keep the MS dash as xboxdash.xbe. So, you can't get nuked. Or, just boot EvolutionX of a CD if you want to.

Opjose has a great method that he is working on. I believe its about the priority of loading the DVDROM and the HD. But, he knows more about that than me.

Edited by shanafan, 21 December 2002 - 12:25 AM.

#8 krazyjosh5

krazyjosh5

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 05:01 PM

ok let me explain this ONE more time biggrin.gif
if you have an upgraded hdd, then you can just do an external hdd mod and switch out your OLD ORIGINAL XBOX Hard drive whenyou want to go on xbl. my xbox hdd was upgraded right away so my original xbox hdd is virgin. meanin theres NOTHING ON IT. i didnt format it, copy evox to it, unlock it nothing. also, if i switch my mod chip to mode 1 i feel safer. im sorta paranoid about this so if i switch it to mode 1, it is disable in circuit.

#9 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 06:59 PM

ok let me explain this ONE more time
if you have an upgraded hdd, then you can just do an external hdd mod and switch out your OLD ORIGINAL XBOX Hard drive whenyou want to go on xbl. my xbox hdd was upgraded right away so my original xbox hdd is virgin. meanin theres NOTHING ON IT. i didnt format it, copy evox to it, unlock it nothing. also, if i switch my mod chip to mode 1 i feel safer. im sorta paranoid about this so if i switch it to mode 1, it is disable in circuit.

Again, so? As stated on this board SEVERAL times, it does not matter what kind of HD you are using. It just has to be locked. The MS dash HAS to be xboxdash.xbe and your EvolutionX dash can be whatever the BIOS wants to boot with (yboxdash.xbe, evoxdash.xbe, etc)

However, a external HD mod can be nice for modchips like the X-ecutor and Enigmah in which they will boot xboxdash.xbe no matter what. But, you can save a ton of cash by just putting EvolutionX on a CD and booting it that way rather buying another HD.

Anyways, the modchip issue is what is causing the banning, not what kind of HD you have. BTW, your method of switching everything is brutal. You actually want use to switch HD (isn't that hard, but still) and go into the Xbox and change the mode to 2 to use backups or to 1 to use Live? Geez, ever heard of mode 3?

#10 krazyjosh5

krazyjosh5

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 04:13 AM

ARGH! nevermind (note to admin: i wish i could delete posts like this) lol wink.gif

#11 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 04:14 AM

ARGH! nevermind (note to admin: i wish i could delete posts like this) lol

Referring to your "genius" way?

#12 krazyjosh5

krazyjosh5

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 09:23 PM

lol yeah laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#13 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 03:41 PM

biggrin.gif

Me-thinks he understands now.

laugh.gif

#14 mattboy2

mattboy2

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 01:39 AM

heres what i dont get... what he is saying WOULD work... its just most definately not the simplest way. . blink.gif

#15 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 02:53 AM

Please leave these buried topics....buried. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users