• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SSVicious

SSVicious

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:25 AM

Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to get a new DVD drive (faster and better than my goddamn Thomson) and install it directly into the Xbox. I have seen some people talking about having a DVD drive hooked onto the outside of the Xbox, and leave the original drive inside the Xbox. That looks dumb. I want to put a completely new DVD drive into the Xbox and have the XBox look just the same as before except that inside lies a much better DVD drive. Is it possible? Please help!

#2 Guges

Guges

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 March 2004 - 03:40 AM

Thier are only a select few DVD drives that will work in an Xbox. And thier's not much of a difference in speed compaired to a Thomson. The big reason to change one out is it stopped working or you have one that wont play recordable media without problems.

Searching the forums and the website will give you alot of info on this...

#3 No Mess

No Mess

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 March 2004 - 03:49 AM

I would recommend a Phillips drive or a Samsung drive. You can find them all over on Ebay. Don't know why you would want two dvd drives on your xbox ( inside and outside)?

#4 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:06 AM

ok to better explain....

the only dvd players that will read an xbox game are xbox dvd roms. these include all 3 drives that come in the xbox... samsung, phillips, and thomson

they are all interchangable so if you can get ahold of a samsung or phillips drive that came from another xbox then do it.

the other option is to have 2 dvd roms. the original xbox dvdrom in the xbox for when you want to read xbox games, and a 2nd PC dvd-rom hooked up to read anything else. this is only useful if you want to play various types of media with movies or software on them that the xbox dvdrom doesn't understand.

changing your dvdrom to a samsung or phillips won't make it play games any faster, it will just read the games better and allow you to read other types of media. like cd-r and dvd-r/dvd+r and whatever else...

#5 Guges

Guges

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:11 AM

I just didn't want to explain all that, thanx cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users