12 replies to this topic

#1 presh

presh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:52 AM

I was flashing my 2.3 pro through the lpt method. I accidently flashed all banks with 4981.06 bios. Is it possible to flash original bios back on? If so, how?

#2 Guges

Guges

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:57 AM

What original bios? Pro's don't come preflashed (for the most part). I think a couple resellers preflash with Cromwell but that only lets you install Linux

#3 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (Guges @ Mar 17 2004, 01:57 AM)
What original bios? Pro's don't come preflashed (for the most part). I think a couple resellers preflash with Cromwell but that only lets you install Linux

I think he means the original BIOS. Cromwell usually comes flashed on the Lite chips and you can install any BIOS through Cromwell, not just linux.

presh, what exactly are you referring to? You have a pro chip? If so you can flash the different banks with different BIOS versions. You original Xbox BIOS should be fine.

#4 Guges

Guges

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:10 AM

I didn't know Cromwell allowed you to flash new bioses onto the chip. I never had a chip w/ Cromwell on it.

#5 presh

presh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 06:16 AM

I flashed all the banks with the same bios. I want to get rid of 2 at least. When I plug in my my xbox with the lpt and to my computer and turn the xbox on, the x2bm doesn't read my chip anymore. So now I can't flash different bios on it. Anyway to get the original cromwell back on it?

#6 chefelf

chefelf

• Members
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music

Posted 17 March 2004 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Guges @ Mar 17 2004, 02:10 AM)
I didn't know Cromwell allowed you to flash new bioses onto the chip. I never had a chip w/ Cromwell on it.

I should have specified. The Cromwell FLASH BIOS is a legal BIOS that comes preflashed on Xecuter Lite chips. This simply boots the Xbox and asks for a BIOS CD (to reflash with whatever BIOS you want).

I flashed all the banks with the same bios. I want to get rid of 2 at least. When I plug in my my xbox with the lpt and to my computer and turn the xbox on, the x2bm doesn't read my chip anymore. So now I can't flash different bios on it. Anyway to get the original cromwell back on it?

If you have an Xecuter Pro then they don't come with Cromwell on them. They don't have any BIOS.

Basically you can flash all four banks with whatever BIOS versions you want (four different, all the same, etc.) and then select which BIOS you boot by switching the dip switches to load the appropriate BIOS bank.

I hope that helps.

#7 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:25 PM

If you have an Xecuter Pro then they don't come with Cromwell on them. They don't have any BIOS.

What!! that can`t be right.
that depend on where you buy them blink.gif
what about this site?? cromwell on xecuter pro...

#8 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 March 2004 - 03:15 PM

why don't you try to use FlashX?
It's so easy to flash xecuters with it.

Use xbtool to resize the bios you want to 512 (so you can have 2 different bios) or 256(so you can have 4 different).
Upload the bios to the xbox and flash.

#9 gunner2

gunner2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 03:25 PM

With the PRO chip it doesn't matter what's already on the chip. Cromwell or whatever. If the dipswitches are set correctly, 1,2,3, off 4 on, it will flash.

With x2bm, you can select any bank to flash or any size bios up to 1mb.
Also you want to power up your xbox after x2bm is loaded and the LPC connection is made.

Gunner

#10 presh

presh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:01 PM

since all my banks are flashed, i tried reflashing each ban , but couldn't. when i powered up the xbox and opened x2bm it didn't recognize my chip anymore. that's why i was wondering how i could get cromwell back on to flash again. or is there another way to flash it, like using a cd? who said pro doesn't come with cromwell? when i installed my pro chip and turned it on, the cromwell screen came on.

#11 chefelf

chefelf

• Members
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (duudfromnorway @ Mar 17 2004, 11:25 AM)
What!! that can`t be right.
that depend on where you buy them blink.gif
what about this site?? cromwell on xecuter pro...

My mistake, I was thinking of the older Xecuter chips. tongue.gif

Presh, how are you connecting to the chip to flash it?

#12 mcdonaldpd

mcdonaldpd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:09 PM

I have been through many X2.3 pros, and they all come with Cromwell on them. Every newer xecuter chips does. If the X2 bios manager program that you use on the pc to flash the pro chip through the parallel port is not detecting the chip, it is not b/c the chip is flashed with the 4981 bios. That program should detect the chip no matter what bios it has. Make sure your on/off switch is set to off, and the XBOX is turned on when you use x2bm. I assume you know this since you have used it to flash already. I have never had a chip that was still working that the x2bm program didn't recognize. Make sure that everything is plugged in correctly.

Also, what LED colors does the modchip show when you power the XBOX with the modchip switched on and off? It may just be fried. That happends sometimes.

#13 presh

presh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:45 PM

Everything is plugged in correctly. If all banks are filled with bios should I turn all banks off or should I do 123 off and 4 on to do a reflash? When I have the xbox mod switched on and off the led light is green. When the chip is on, shouldn't the led light be orange and change to green?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users