• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NE0-AKA-TH3-0N3

NE0-AKA-TH3-0N3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 01:04 AM

I have backed up several of my games and all work fine except for any iso image smaller than 2.5gb -tony hawk 4-rayman3-colin mcrae4- will run off the hard drive, but when written to dvd-r the xbox wont read them. all games above 2.5 write and read fine using qwix, anything smaller the xbox wont register the write.
proberbly common knowledge why this is, but i couldnt find a thread on it.
PLEASE HELP

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 March 2004 - 01:16 AM

What exactly is the problem when you try to run them? What do they do?

#3 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 March 2004 - 04:01 AM

Sounds like a media problem/coincidence that it's happened on small games, but you could always use the dummy file trick to see if anything changes.

#4 NE0-AKA-TH3-0N3

NE0-AKA-TH3-0N3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 07:00 AM

i use flash fxp to get the files off my original disk, then i use qwix to write to an iso image, and then use nero oem suite to write the iso. every iso that is bigger than 2.2gb has written to disk and worked perfectly first time!
any iso image that is smaller than (around)2.2gb (the 3 mentioned above amongst others) write to disk fine. but the xbox will not register the disk at all.
i have tried ftping the files several times to make sure its not a ripping fault,
i have iso'd the images several times to make sure its not a faulty iso conversion and i have written the same iso's several times to make sure its not a writing fault or bad burn.
(i have also put the games on the hard drive(they run fine) and then ftp the files off the hard drive), still no luck
can anyone help
THANX

#5 ravage73

ravage73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 18 March 2004 - 12:12 PM

just use craxtion and put 2 games on one disc. that way you dont have a problem.

#6 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 March 2004 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (NE0-AKA-TH3-0N3 @ Mar 18 2004, 01:00 AM)
i use flash fxp to get the files off my original disk, then i use qwix to write to an iso image, and then use nero oem suite to write the iso. every iso that is bigger than 2.2gb has written to disk and worked perfectly first time!
any iso image that is smaller than (around)2.2gb (the 3 mentioned above amongst others) write to disk fine. but the xbox will not register the disk at all.
i have tried ftping the files several times to make sure its not a ripping fault,
i have iso'd the images several times to make sure its not a faulty iso conversion and i have written the same iso's several times to make sure its not a writing fault or bad burn.
(i have also put the games on the hard drive(they run fine) and then ftp the files off the hard drive), still no luck
can anyone help
THANX

Well one thing I'd try is to play those games in someone else's modded XBOX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users