19 replies to this topic

#1 ChristPuncher

ChristPuncher

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 06:57 PM

I bought a modified Xbox sometime ago and recently it seems to have problems backing up my games. I was attempting to backup "The Suffering" and it went normally, except when I went to boot the game, it froze my Xbox. The same thing occured when I attempted to boot my backup copy of 007: Everything or Nothing. I tried backing up both again I noticed it says some files "were not found" on the finished screen. Anyways, I figure there are updated/better versions of DVD2Xbox or similar programs available. The problem is I am ignorant on how to go about downloading these new programs and transferring to my Xbox. If someone could go into detail about how I can fix my problem it would be much appreciated.

#2 thrsprj

thrsprj

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 March 2004 - 07:01 PM

you may want to try doing a search for these games, there has been quite a bit of topics already about the problems with these two games.

#3 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 March 2004 - 07:17 PM

Get The New Dvd2Xbox 0.5.5 It Will Fix It Or Get The New default.xbe From The Other Usual Places (P2p Prog But Not KaZaA It Sucks !) Or Even Edit Your xbe.

#4 jsuds

jsuds

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:31 PM

You need to copy it with dvd2xbox with the new default.acl that removes the FATX media check. Make your the ACL function is turned on in dvd2xbox as well. Worked like a charm after that for me.

#5 paper

paper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 12:02 AM

so downloading the new dvd2xbox will fix this problem automatically or do u still need to patch the game either way?

#6 seedybrick

seedybrick

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:42 AM

whoah! blink.gif

i know a "christpuncher" from somewhere else in cyperspoice....

it CAN'T be......it just CAN'T!!!! blink.gif laugh.gif

#7 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 March 2004 - 02:47 AM

dvd2xbox 5.5 has a patch included with it that will fix The Suffering. I dunno what's going on with 007 EON, but I don't think dvd2xbox fixes that yet.

#8 ChristPuncher

ChristPuncher

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 05:53 PM

Where do you know this Christpuncher from? RTCW perhaps? that's the only place I have used this name alot

Anyways: new problem. I downloaded the DVD2Xbox 5.5 and transferred it to my Xbox. It was my first time transferring files and I think I might of messed something up. I connect to my Xbox (using flash fxp), then I went to Apps>Dvdxbox in my F directory I clicked on the Dvdxbox.rar file and clicked transfer, then I overwrote all the old files with the new ones. Problem is, when I go to Backup Disc, DVD2Xbox won't load sad.gif It just goes back to the main screen. Any insight would be helpful.

#9 Sockaledes

Sockaledes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 06:31 PM

I used Complex Tools to rip James Bond 007 EON and it works fine, Jus make sure you specify "patch xbe 1" in the xml edit file and Viola, it works.

#10 ChristPuncher

ChristPuncher

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 07:16 PM

I fixed the problem, everything is running smoothly now, thanks for your input guys.

Edit: Sockaldes, how did you get Complex Tools to work? I tried putting in on my Xbox put it freezes my Xbox whenver I try opening it. What is the correct procedure for putting it on/making it work?

Edited by ChristPuncher, 19 March 2004 - 07:39 PM.

#11 seedybrick

seedybrick

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 07:47 PM

haha - the christpuncher i know is from a phish board i am on....

it amazes me that there is more than one in this world! laugh.gif

and i figured the name was totally original....guess not! is it from a movie or something???

that handle was received pretty bad when he first joined our board tongue.gif peeps got used to it though.....

007 ---- where are you people having problems with this??? i backed mine up just regular and have had zero problems with it.....although i'm only at the third level....

should i be concerned about an incident expected to happen later on??

#12 ChristPuncher

ChristPuncher

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:38 PM

Lol my friends totally made up the name Christpuncher one day and I just adopted it, kinda strange that someone else uses it... yeah people give me shit about it too (I use this as a tag for online games also) Im not even anti-Jesus I just think its a funny name

I dunno man, I upgraded my Dvd2Xbox to version 5.5 and everything, the game still won't load up (and freezes my xbox) after i burn it. I am currently trying to get Complex Tools to operate correctly, as it also freezes my xbox when i try to load it up. Can someone tell me in detail how to put Complex Tools on my Xbox correctly, with what patches to get and where to get them?

#13 seedybrick

seedybrick

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 01:40 AM

sheet -
i don't even know what dvd2xbox really does! laugh.gif

i stick to the basics!

latest evox build to ftp....craxtion...burn....done!

i have an old bios on an old modchip on an old thomson too cool.gif

anyhoo......here's an UP to the question above!! wink.gif

#14 Sockaledes

Sockaledes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 04:42 PM

ChristPuncher, I got it from a FTP site on IRC mail me your email address and I'll send it to you my email address is gplante92@hotmail.com

BTW, maybe you didn't transfer all the files needed to operate Complex Tools. I made sure I transfered everything.

Edited by Sockaledes, 20 March 2004 - 04:43 PM.

#15 JdotK

JdotK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 March 2004 - 04:50 PM

The Suffering wont work for me either. Anyone know where I can get the newest version of DVD2xbox? I tried their main site, but it seems to be missing certain files needed in order for it to be recognized. I have an older version, but when I try to run The Suffering, it just stops at the beginning screen... doesnt even load the game. If someone could send me the newest version or give me a link, that would be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users