6 replies to this topic

#1 forest_rat

forest_rat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 01:10 AM

I just installed my X-Ecuter 2.3B PRO w/ LPT Adatper Fix on my v1.4 x-box
I tested it.. the lights came on blah blah. all systems go.
I tested it with DVD and HDD, looked good. dvd tray ejected fine.
I turn it off again..... power back on.. tray ejects.. stick in my BIOS cd "4981.67_bfm_fixed" - I did make it into a 1024 bios btw. it flashes fine.. i watch the bar get to 100% ... then it did it again to 100% ... then it shut off on it's own. I press the power button and it Turns On.. then Off... turns On... then Off... Turns On and stays on.. but the Eject light is flashing Green and Red.

I've tried re-flashing it via LTP port but I still get the same problem.
If I turn off the mod chip (switch in the front) the x-box works fine.

What can I do to fix this? Do I need to re-program it with a different bios?
I can still use it as a normal x-box but I'd really like to know where to go from here.

Please any help would be wonderful.

shouldn't I be able to re-flash it via LPT and be cool? I've tried 3 different bios' with the same problem.
Could it be a problem with the way I soldered it in? It looks clean. I've checked it twice.

#2 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 March 2004 - 01:59 PM

did u notice that "bfm" in your bios' name? That means Boot from media. Your xbox cannot boot off of a chip with a boot from media bios... because it's not meant to. You need a regular old bios. So basicaly the reason it doesn't work is because you didn't make yourself well enough informed. In the future try to gather as much information as possible before attempting anything. It will save you a lot of trouble in the future.

#3 forest_rat

forest_rat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:15 PM

Yes, that was it. Got another BIOS and it's working great.
Obviously I missed that detail upon my researches, but I'm aware of this now.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

#4 Cpl. Fatty

Cpl. Fatty

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 03:43 AM

can you tell me how to flash by ltp port?.......i'm having a bios problem myself and just trying to explore ways of how to fix it. thanks.

#5 tobbenet

tobbenet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 06:28 PM

Okey, I've got exactly the same error on my xbox. I flashed it with Slayer's autoinstall and used the bios X2-4977 FC. That is the bios will look in F: first before trying to access C:

I have a chameleon and no programmer so I'm kinda stuck. Absolutely nothing works since the xbox won't even "come alive".

Questions:

1) Why didn't the flash work?

2) I should be able to change to another bank and start the xbox from there right?

I really really need help...

#6 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 March 2004 - 01:11 PM

you can easily switch banks if you only flashed one of them. You'll need to get the chameleon users guide from xodus-chip.com. If you didn't have your dashboard files in the root of F: then that bios isn't going to find any there and be able to boot from there. I'm not familiar with that particular bios, but there was a c after the f. You claimed that it merely atttempts to boot from f before c.... if this were the case your xbox would continue to boot as normal. You asked why the flash didn't work. It obviously did because your xbox is now hosed. You need to know about what you are doing before you do it. You need to not only know what partition the xbox is looking to boot from, but you need to know what the filename of the xbe is that it's looking for. To fix, switch banks on your chameleon and flash with a known working bios or use an external programmer and the flash program that xodus provides.

Edited by BCfosheezy, 22 March 2004 - 01:13 PM.

#7 tobbenet

tobbenet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 04:30 PM

You need to know about what you are doing before you do it.

Yes... well.. I thought I did... blink.gif

Is the xbox just trying to find an .xbe? It's not even displaying the big green X anymore. The screen is absolutely dead. The xbox winds up, down, up, down and then the eject button flashes red/green...

The FC option makes the bios first boot from F then C. I had installed an xbe on F and there is the old one on C so neither should be a problem.

I Flashed the bank 0 with this flash, but even when i try to change bank it doesn't start. Same error that is.

When I asked why the flash didn't work I really meant why didn't the bios work on my xbox.

Thank you for answering btw!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users