Photo

Installed Ned Hdd, But What About The Eeprom?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 b_cybe

b_cybe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 08:58 PM

Hi!

I recently innstalet a bigger hdd on my xbox, I used hdd swap method!
Ok, then I have som plans for playing xbox live, and I know that I have to have my hdd locked or else =ban!. Ok, but in my evoX menu I dun see the lock unlock function anymore! mad.gif
What could cause this??
I have been thinking about that I cant lock it is because I didn't transfer the eeprom from my original hdd to my new? So here comes the noob question! How do I get the eeprom from my old hdd, and how do I get it over to my new hdd???

edit: Doublepost grr.gif
Could someone plz delete this one (or the other...)

Edited by b_cybe, 20 March 2004 - 09:06 PM.

#2 b_cybe

b_cybe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 08:59 PM

Hi!

I recently innstalet a bigger hdd on my xbox, I used hdd swap method!
Ok, then I have som plans for playing xbox live, and I know that I have to have my hdd locked or else =ban!. Ok, but in my evoX menu I dun see the lock unlock function anymore! mad.gif
What could cause this??
I have been thinking about that I cant lock it is because I didn't transfer the eeprom from my original hdd to my new? So here comes the noob question! How do I get the eeprom from my old hdd, and how do I get it over to my new hdd???

#3 futbol4kee

futbol4kee

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 March 2004 - 09:06 PM

dont even bother...

download configmagic... lock ur hardrive.... done...

#4 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 March 2004 - 09:43 PM

ok, the only way i know how to do this is...

put your original hdd back in the xbox, unlock it, put the new hdd in, lock it. that should solve your problems with being locked

evox will lock/unlock the hdd for you, you just have to edit the .ini file so that it will let you do that, there is a posted topic somewhere, that or a tutorial that tells you how to edit the evox.ini file, check evoxs website for tutorials also

#5 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 March 2004 - 10:20 PM

You don't need to transfer your EEPROM you just have to lock your new Hard Drive.

Make sure your MS Dash is named xboxdash.xbe, and then edit the evox.ini file, and take the # off the lines "Lock HDD" and "Unlock HDD". These lines should be pretty close to the bottom of the file.

THIS is only if you have a very new version of Evox. If not then use Configmagic to lock your Hard Drive, its pretty self explanitory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users