• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 revhigh96

revhigh96

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 04:35 AM

I hooked up my own S-Video plug on the back of my xbox, it works, kinda. The only problem is that it looks VERY pixely if that makes any sense, the colors are right and the brightness is right but the resolution isnt any good. The normal video cables look a ton better then with the s-video hooked up. Has anyone run into the same problem? I used the advanced A/V tutorial for the pins.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: here is a screen shot, the color didnt come out good on the screen shot but it shows you how the picture looks real grainy.

user posted image

Edited by revhigh96, 21 March 2004 - 05:07 AM.

#2 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 March 2004 - 07:05 AM

Damn, that looks horrible.

I'd double check the pins you soldered to make sure you haven't got the polarity around wrong. I made an S-video extension cable up a while ago and got it wrong. The picture came out similar to what you have. Once I changed (I think the colour pins) it around, it was good.

Hope it helps.

#3 revhigh96

revhigh96

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 11:09 PM

I'll check that out, any one else?

#4 revhigh96

revhigh96

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 04:38 AM

ok, now I have been playing with the order of the wires, I couldnt get anything to look any better (most of the time worse), so I put it back to where it was originally and now I have good resolution but no color just gray scale! Any body have any ideas? I have a row of switches on the pins to change modes so I know thats not it cause I have tried every possible combination. Maybe a bad s-video cable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users