• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 block1of4

block1of4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:08 PM

my x-box has this problem intermittently. i have the x2.3b lite+. it really only happens when i power the xbox off for a few hours. then, when i open up the case and disconnect and reconnect the hd cable, it works again. it could just be that i jostle the pogo install back in to place with this process, though.

my other question: is it safe to keep the xbox on all the time and never shut it off? i do this with my pcs. thanks.

#2 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:35 PM

As for the first question yeah you probably just don't have it aligned perfectly.

Now for the second question... No, not really, It's harmful for electronics to be left on all of the time like that, even for pc's and can cause a GREAT deal of stress on an electronic device and also will cause the components inside to wear down faster. So I suppose you could, but I wouldn't. Just my opinion on the matter.

#3 block1of4

block1of4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Mjkthirdeye @ Mar 22 2004, 10:35 PM)
As for the first question yeah you probably just don't have it aligned perfectly.

Now for the second question... No, not really, It's harmful for electronics to be left on all of the time like that, even for pc's and can cause a GREAT deal of stress on an electronic device and also will cause the components inside to wear down faster. So I suppose you could, but I wouldn't. Just my opinion on the matter.

thanks. this is the second time i've had to "reseat" the pogo installation. hopefully, it will work this time, for good. any tips on this?

how much worse off will my xbox be if i keep it on, anyway? i keep my pcs on all the time, and have for years. they've never had any problems.

#4 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:49 PM

Well get ready because that thing gets "Unseated" easily and alot. lol And if you can, and are willing to do so, you could hot glue a couple corners of the chip down to the motherboard, it will eliminate movement and is relatively safe since it is easy to remove without damaging the motherboard if your carefull.

And you probably wouldn't be that much worse off. i am just really health concious of my equipment wink.gif

Edited by Mjkthirdeye, 22 March 2004 - 08:51 PM.

#5 ComputerDude5565

ComputerDude5565

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:25 AM

Yes I also have many PC's in my bussnes includeing 3 servers. My servers have never been from the time I got them. As for the computers they stay on at all times unless upgrded. You wouldnt think that it would be good but its fine. Just make sure you have an extra fan or too to keep it kool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users