5 replies to this topic

#1 munkie66686

munkie66686

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 06:33 PM

I have an older tv which is fairly small that id like to be able to play xbox on, however it has no audio/video cables. All it has is the old cable plugin (the same one on a cable modem). I was wondering if there was a way to rig up some sort of adapter or something to make it work on that type of tv. I know they sell them out there, but i've got a couple ones from older generation systems kicking around, I figured why not see if anyone else has ever tried anything like this.

So.. has anyone tried it? wink.gif

#2 Guges

Guges

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 March 2004 - 06:41 PM

Yes, go to the store where you bought the xbox and buy THIS.

#3 munkie66686

munkie66686

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 06:46 PM

I know they sell them out there, but i've got a couple ones from older generation systems kicking around, I figured why not see if anyone else has ever tried anything like this.

thanks for reading my whole post dry.gif

#4 Guges

Guges

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 03:20 AM

heh. I chose to ignore that little bit at the end becuase I figured (ASSUMED? How stupid of me...) that you knew the connector to the xbox is PROPRIETARY. So no, u CAN'T use the ones from older systems. And if you don't believe me why don't you try using them instead of asking if they'll work?

You're Welcome

#5 cashmoney

cashmoney

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 01:43 PM

actually, since it's only a line level signalbeing modulated, if memory serves me right, the old adapter from an NES would work if you couple it with an RCA gender changer (female to female). The only problem is that it would only send a video signal and not audio. You might be able to splice the audio outs into it (requires cutting and soldering) and it might modulate that in correctly also.
For all intents and purposes though, just go buy one. It's quicker, easier, safer, and probably not that much more expensive after you buy all the adapters you would need.

#6 Guges

Guges

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:14 PM

Splicing one together like that is not the way I'd want to fry my xbox or tv. Now going back on what I said, if you had an old SONY Playstation Adapter you could possibly get those female to females and use that between the XBOX cable and the PS cable. But thats only if the Sony used the RCA outs on the back for the RF signal as well. I can't remember how it works, been a few years since I played with my PS. But that's stretching it a looooooooong way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users