15 replies to this topic

#1 atoompje

atoompje

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:04 PM

Greetings,

Anyone knows where i can find the original dashboard files, yes,.... i deleted the basic files whithout a bacup.

Hope someone can help me.

#2 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:07 PM

Slayers !

#3 atoompje

atoompje

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:17 PM

not possible, cant boot from slayers dvd, gives me error 13 i do can boot from 007 game and ftp to the xbox

#4 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 08:07 PM

If you can ftp to your box then ftp the original dashfiles from slayers to your HD!

#5 atoompje

atoompje

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 08:33 PM

thanks for the reply

but how can i open the slayers iso on my pc? i cant read any files do i need somthing like fatx exporer?

Kind regards

#6 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:52 PM

Isn't Slayers an xiso that you can extract with qwix, xiso, ...

Alternatively you could pack a game save with PBL and evox so that you could eject the DVD and put in Slayers. Then ftp the dashfiles from Slayers to your PC and back to C: on your xbox. It's not that difficult to pack a game save like that : http://forums.xbox-s...82161&st=15&hl=

If qwix will extract the iso, that's of course the easiest solution.

#7 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:13 PM

Yes, you need to extract the iso to get the files...

Speaking of the idea about the eject fix and PBL on a memory card. That won't work. As soon as you eject the game, the save exploit is over.

#8 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 08:39 AM

Speaking of the idea about the eject fix and PBL on a memory card. That won't work. As soon as you eject the game, the save exploit is over.

Not true. It does work. I did it! Check the link I posted. As I run PBL and load a hacked BIOS I can eject the DVD and access the F-drive if that's what i wanted.

#9 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (ldots @ Mar 24 2004, 04:39 AM)

Not true. It does work. I did it! Check the link I posted. As I run PBL and load a hacked BIOS I can eject the DVD and access the F-drive if that's what i wanted.

So basically you're saying that you could use the original game as a boot disk, load the hacked bios, switch out the game and play your backup just as you normally could? Then what's the REAL point of the other exploits if this one is so damn easy?

#10 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:56 AM

The point of the other exploits is that booting a game to load PBL and Evox all the time is a pain in the ...
I just mentioned this options here if atoompje could not extract the Slayers iso.

#11 atoompje

atoompje

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 05:38 PM

and i thank you all!!!

it workt.

Happy greetz.

Atoompje

#12 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (ldots @ Mar 24 2004, 07:56 AM)
The point of the other exploits is that booting a game to load PBL and Evox all the time is a pain in the ...
I just mentioned this options here if atoompje could not extract the Slayers iso.

I'd rather use this method than using the other exploits because you don't have to worry about the clock loop and you don't have to worry about corrupt st.db files. The only downside to this WHOLE method is booting from a game. If you get over that, it beats all other exploits...

#13 RiceCake

RiceCake

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Wait, what the hell?<br />Your interested in what I do?<br />None of your damn buisness!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 March 2004 - 08:04 PM

Ok, unless you flash your TSOP or something, gamesave exploits NEVER allow you to eject the DVD tray.

Don't tell me otherwise I'm not a dumbass, and unfortunately other people in here are for believing it.

Your probably using a font hack or something and are calling it a "MechAssault" hack, which is what alot of people do since the introductions of packages like Morden's hack.

#14 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (RiceCake @ Mar 24 2004, 04:04 PM)
Ok, unless you flash your TSOP or something, gamesave exploits NEVER allow you to eject the DVD tray.

Don't tell me otherwise I'm not a dumbass, and unfortunately other people in here are for believing it.

Your probably using a font hack or something and are calling it a "MechAssault" hack, which is what alot of people do since the introductions of packages like Morden's hack.

YAY! I stand correct! beerchug.gif

#15 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:20 PM

sad.gif This is a sad day for me....
My memory didn't serve me. I just retried my gamesave with SC - the drive came out almost all the way and then the box rebooted. I apologize for the misinformation everybody. However, RiceCake. I certainly wasn't trying to sound like a smartass and claim that I made the ultimate gamehack. Me apology should be proof enough of that. I was just absolutely certain I had ejected with this setup. Feel free to delete any posts that might misinform people.

But then please explain to me why it doesn't work. Just to recap. The SC gamehack boots a default.xbe which I had made to be PBL. This loads the M7 bios (eject fix, BFM) which is set not to boot the default.xbe in the DVD-drive and use E:\UDATA\.....\evox.xbe as its primary dash. This all works! Evox boots (and I can confirm it's the evox from the game save) and the hacked bios has loaded. I can verify this in the settings menu of evox. Alse the F-drive is enabled. I launched boxplorer off of the F-drive and browsed both the F-drive and the DVD-drive.
When I hit the eject button it doesn't reset at once but when the DVD lid is almost all the way out. Why is this different from having loaded a hacked bios with eject-fix from the audio or font hack?

Anyway, the game save is still useful since it supports the F-drive, which was my initial goal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users