#1 ET-Perth

ET-Perth

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 05:30 AM

Guys

Xbox uses the ATA33 IDE cable for the HD & DVD, I am wondering if we change it to ATA66/ATA100 cable, would it increase the speed?

I know it depends on whether the xbox m/board supports ATA66 or above, but not sure where to find that out.

I added a 160GB HD to my xbox which is an ATA100 drive, thought i would try to get the most out of it.
blink.gif unsure.gif

#2 Chon_Lee

Chon_Lee

X-S Senior Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 March 2004 - 05:38 AM

From what I have understood ATA/66-100 will not increase speed and a 7200RPM drive will only add Heat.

#3 bucd

bucd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:06 AM

This has been debated for some time now. There's a post somewhere on here that i remember reading that shows some test results and it seems to be faster with the ATA/66-100.

Back when the ATA 66 just came out, i remember there were some test out there for older hard drives(ATA33) on a PC when using the newer cables, there was improvement. So i'm guessing it would be the same for the xbox.

I changed mine out and i think there's a little improvement, but then again....it might just be in my head.

It's a cheap upgrade, so why not. Even if it increase by .04 secs. laugh.gif Still something.

-D

#4 ET-Perth

ET-Perth

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:25 AM

Yah, I think i might change it, come to think of it..... cos i have so many of the ATA100 cables lying around in my house and they dun cost me anything.. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users