Photo

LOTR Two Towers

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of the movie?

What do you think of the movie?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Satan00

Satan00

PimpMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 December 2002 - 06:06 AM

What do you guys think? I personally think it owned me, considering the fact that I was also in a horrible theatre

#2 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 06:22 AM

Anything fantasy kind of hits the wrong note with me to begin with, and the books weren't all that good to me (I couldn't finish any of 'em, and usually I'll read an entire book just for the hell of it). So, the movie had bad marks before I even begun to watch it.
So, this comment may be biased, but IT SUCKED =-P.

#3 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2002 - 06:23 AM

i loved the books, hated the movie.. they had no reason to deviate from the book like that..

i hate it!

#4 cykiller

cykiller

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 December 2002 - 06:54 AM

definitely owned me, can't wait for the game, the ps2 version was hot so i can't wait for xbox version!!
muhaha.gif

#5 KazuyaWaruasobi

KazuyaWaruasobi

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 07:09 AM

Kicked ASS!! Books were amazing, and the movies did a damned good job. . .and I was in a GOOD theater!

#6 lil killer

lil killer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 22 December 2002 - 07:13 AM

I just saw it today. It was awesome. The beginning was slow but the end made up for it.

#7 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 07:27 AM

dkoikadabra: guy, you just explained it all in one sentence why you didnt like the BOOKS,and after reading what you said i know why you didnt like the BOOKS........because the lord of the rings was not BOOKS, it was A BOOK. one story broken into three parts (well 7 if you want to get tecknical) and ways if you only read a little of the first book and didnlt lkike it ,its becuase you have to think of the first books as the first 2 chapters of any other book, its to explain the charactors and all the world, this BOOK is an amazing adventure that left me tired and exahsuted after reading it, i felt like i had been through every step with each of the charactors.
I saw the first movie i think about a month or two before it came out in theaters just like many of you, us luckey people who were able to get our hands on the screener, well now the second one is out and i really want to see it but cirtain things are holding me from ever being able to go to a theater or any where at the moment wink.gif.
So i wait for a screener and i have found that there is one BUT i cant find it.........someone please point me in the right direction.....or help a guy out?
Now back to dkoikadabra, guy promice me that one day in your life you will read the enitire story (all three books) even if you hated the first one, you cannot judge it that way, just re-read it ,even if its leaving a bad taste in your mouth, read it all the way through ,then come and tell me you hated it smile.gif

#8 KazuyaWaruasobi

KazuyaWaruasobi

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 07:33 AM

Yeah, I've read the Hobbit, The LOTR trilogy, and the Silmarillion (Middle Earth BIBLE). Pretty much anything fantasy: Dragons, Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, Orcs, etc, etc came from JRR Tolkien. If not the creature itself, Tolkien created the version that we accept today. Keep in mind that the first these books were written about 60-70 years ago! And you know what? The Dune series may be my favourite series of books (I've read all 6 books three times), but The Lord of the Rings blew me away. . .

#9 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 07:43 AM

Socrates: I got corrupted by White Wolf and the whole "gothic-punk" thing. It'll be awhile before my tastes change. But, fair enough.... you explained the way the books are structured better than I reckoned it (remember, I didn't even read one full book of it, which is why I didn't understand the whole "1 book=1 chapter" thing). So, thanks to you, I might give it a chance one day. =-)

#10 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderators
  • 4,971 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2002 - 10:11 AM

yes it was an amazing book (my version is actually 7 parts..).

The movie was pretty good, i guess, i was just really pissed off at how much they changed everything. I really don't see a reason why they had to do that, It didnt save time or anything (actually, the Frodo going to gondor thing really wasted time i think). Anyway, after i get over it, I'll go see it again.

#11 jaa_kuutio

jaa_kuutio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 11:03 AM

Movie owned. PJ made good job with everything, though he changed some thing like there werent that huge spider (whatever the name was) and that Frodo had to go to Gondor. But I really enjoyed the movie, special effects, acting..everything. Treebeard was great and Gollum was perfect CG-character. Can't wait to see what they add to TTT Extended DVD which is must to buy.

Perfect 10 of 10 is my opinion. No matter what you guys say. smile.gif

oh and btw, merry christmas to all of you! beerchug.gif

#12 Andy

Andy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Xbox<br><br>YEAHHH

Posted 22 December 2002 - 04:56 PM

SUCKED ASS

#13 inciter

inciter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 05:07 PM

Watched it three times at home yesterday, liked it alot.

You get to see so much more in the piracy of your own home smile.gif

#14 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 05:38 PM

You get to see so much more in the piracy of your own home

LOL that was good.

dkoikadabra: Good for you guy, go read wink.gif

Edited by socrates, 22 December 2002 - 05:38 PM.

#15 Xfreak

Xfreak

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 08:48 PM

I saw the movie,and it totally rocks!It was just awesome smile.gif .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users