Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 March 2004 - 06:19 PM

A while back i noticed while playing zelda 64 on surreal 64, that the picture was not clean, but grainy, a mat like appearance. Just the other day, i reinstalled the beta version of ultraHLE, and booted up zelda 64. The picture quality, when running on the beta version of the ultraHLE was much better than when running on surreal 64 via 1964. No question about it. The environment and characters were clean and clear on the beta ultraHLE, and grainy and not clean on surreal 64. I then tried mario 64 on all three emu's on the surreal 64. 1964 produced the worst grain picture, and the PJ64 wasn't much better. Only the UltraHLE gave a clean clear picture.

So, what's up with 1964 and PJ64 giving a grainy unclean picture, and the ultraHLE being the only one producing a clean correct picture, on surreal 64?

#2 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 12:17 AM

Odd, or lantus can you enlighten me on this subject?

#3 shavedrat

shavedrat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 03:42 AM

The whole reason the 3 emus were put together was because they all had advantages over the other. 1964 and pj64 do not always produce grainy picture, in fact, I havent seen any grainy picture with those two (well not on any of the games I tried.)

Just use the emu core you find works best.

#4 FlashKick

FlashKick

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 March 2004 - 05:59 AM

yeah, i noticed the same thing, foehammer.
with mario64.
but, there shouldn't be a difference in picture quality at all, only emulation speed, no?

#5 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 06:28 PM

Not so. I play the N64 emu's in 480p on a computer monitor via a transcoder, so I notice a very apparent decrease in the picture quality when running the 1964 emu, compared to the UltraHLE emu on Surreal 64. Even so, I would imagine this grainy, unclear picture I am noticing when playing game on the 1964 emus would also be recognizable on an interlace only TV. That being said, there is no doubt that the 1964 and PJ64 emu's (particularly the 1964), on the surreal 64, give a less than satisfactory picture when compared to the UltraHLE. I've tried this on a # of N64 ROMs, and the results are the same. If you don't believe me, try running Mario 64 on all the emu's on Surreal 64, and see for yourself. Or, install the beta version of UltraHLE and compare Zelda 64 to it being run on Surreal 64 via 1964 emu. Thereís no question about it.

I guess Iíll just have to keep playing Zelda 64 on the beta UltraHLE until they make UltraHLE compatible in surreal 64 for Zelda 64, or fix the graphic problems with 1964. I donít mean to sound ungrateful by any means, because itís amazing to even have the N64 emulated on the xbox, and much appreciation and thanks goes to ODD and Lantus for spending much time in making it work, and putting it all together. All we need now is a Saturn emu, and i could retire all my old consoles for good, but considering that's nigh on impossible, i'm not going to hold my breath.

#6 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:47 PM

Please help Lantus, or ODD? Anything.

Edited by Foe-hammer, 29 March 2004 - 09:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users