X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:20 AM

I did a quick search and found no relivant threads, so im assuming this hasnt been done.

Would it seem fesible to make a circuit off the Eject Led power soure using capacitors to boost output to 12v. By doing both sets of led sources it would allow for 4 cathodes (2 inverters, 1 one each led set). then if u position them under the jewel or a strategic place it would allow you to have UBER eject lights. then your cold cathode under the jewel would blink for eject and have error codes for no A/V cable and such. Seem fesible? i would try this right now but i got no $$. It up to some 1 else.

Whoops my bad, a capacitor wouldnt work. im gona try this as soon as i get money. Instead of a capacitor you need a DC step-up converter.
Link: Newark
keep in mind you'd need 2.

If you hook this to the circuit that controls Led power and then inturn hook a cold cathode and inverter it should work.

so the only problem im seeing with this is you could have a total of 8 cold cathodes for eject/power. if you want to blind and have a fucking 100million candel power light in your room try this.

Edited by BlitzenWagon, 25 March 2004 - 01:28 AM.

#2 okandroid

okandroid

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 March 2004 - 01:07 AM

Yea that seems cool, I have no clue about how to do it, but I was wondering that too, because Im about to hook up a cold cathode, I was just gonna use a hdd splitter.

#3 BlitzenWagon

BlitzenWagon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 March 2004 - 01:31 AM

actually what this does dude is boost the power of the front eject panel leds so u can hook up 12v Cold Cathodes to it. then when u eject and shit it would hopfully blink and would also allow flashing cold cathodes for errors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users