Glass Wall Hack?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tidusblitz111

Tidusblitz111

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:Raping Microsoft, and teabagging the rulez.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:36 PM

When I play halo on xlink, I hear ppl talking about a glass wall hack or something?! I did a search on xbscene foruns and it had nothing on it....

Could someone tell me what it does/how to hack it?

#2 Mate98

Mate98

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:43 PM

its called glass house hack

#3 Tidusblitz111

Tidusblitz111

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:58 PM

ok, glass house, what does it do?

#4 [-MXB-]xmaniac

[-MXB-]xmaniac

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Playing halo xbox. Modding halo xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 March 2004 - 12:00 AM

Plese close this thread. and hey Tidusblitz111 dont mention this hack any more. as most ppl will just get on to you for mentioning it. It is a hack thats all you need to know.

#5 Tidusblitz111

Tidusblitz111

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 12:06 AM

Oh, can it really be that bad...if everyone hates it, then someone must have put lots of work into creating it....it works for xbox right..not P.C.?

Someone give me a hint as to what it does...

#6 THE CRAZY SHADOW

THE CRAZY SHADOW

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 March 2004 - 12:14 AM

i saw a vid of bloodgulch all clear i tried taking the glass shader from the cami and overshield and injrcting into enviournment shaders but the clliffs are clear half metal same with bases.. i want the level crystel clear..n e 1 no how?

#7 [-MXB-]xmaniac

[-MXB-]xmaniac

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Playing halo xbox. Modding halo xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 March 2004 - 12:17 AM

It is not hard to do at all. But i makes alot of trouble for other ppl who use it the wrong way. I have no idea why anybody would even want this hack or want to do it. Unless to cheat.

#8 webMASTER P

webMASTER P

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 March 2004 - 05:34 PM

yup, the chances are, if you can't locate the hack yourself, you will only use it for evil

#9 Pillzburydoofus

Pillzburydoofus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 March 2004 - 06:46 PM

"Glass House Mods" are used to change some or all of the environmental shaders in a level to a glass shader value, thereby creating nothing but clear walls. This can be accomplished very easily with HMT, or just plain hex editing. EVERY LEVEL has at least one material that can be used to create clear walls. A few levels have one glass shader in particular that is far superior to what is used in other levels. The only true public glasshouse release was for prisoner, using a superior glass element. This file is no longer hosted anywhere to the best of my knowledge. I have managed to make a superior glasshouse mod for several levels containing only inferior glass shaders. Please do not PM me about these mods, as I will most likely just delete them without even reading. There are, however, several other means to contact me. Anyone wanting enough to make these mods could easily figure out how to just by reading this post and playing around with HMT. Simple trial and error.

The reason they are so controversial is that someone wishing to cheat in order to gain an advantage will use these hacks in order to see where other people are in the level by looking through walls and floors. However, there really is no advantage to using these because, no matter what, if they beat you with them off, they'll beat you with them on. This is only really a concern if every game you only lose by a few points. Not enough edge can be gained by cheating. Glass house mods are one of the few mods that work in system link play without causing desync errors. Remember, if you want to make glasshouse mods, do it for the education, the experience, or just the bragging rights, but do not use them online without prior permission of the people you are playing with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users