3 replies to this topic

#1 Hodr

Hodr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:17 AM

I have tried messing around with the XBftp program (several different versions including the newest) as well as a couple of the other ftp programs floating about. They all seem to be extremely buggy. In the case of XBftp It will fully navigate my system when run from either of my buddies systems, but only accurately transfer from one of them (and at a very slow rate) while the other causes the files to be corrupted. When run from my system it will transfer the files very quickly, and with no corruption, but it never fully displays the contents of the machine I am connected to (so it takes several minutes refreshing to navigate to the correct directory). This is all using the same cables and version of the program, and all of these systems transfer perfect (and fast) to computers via EvoX.

The new EvoX dash seems to have made nice improvements on their ftp client, but when can we expect to see server capabilities? It would be great to not have to rely on the buggy alternatives when the EvoX team seem to have already developed such a robust (partial) solution.

#2 pecusio

pecusio

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:17 PM

Use toolbox is better

#3 2000ache

2000ache

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 07:22 PM

Hmmmm, shouldn't that be the other way around:
Evox is a ftp deamon (server) NOT a client...

#4 Hodr

Hodr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 06:00 AM

Yeah, ok, yell at me for getting it backwards (which I did). But in either case my point is the same. How hard would it be, assuming they already went through the trouble of coding a server to incorporate a client into the package?

And I will check out the toolbox mentioned, Thanks for the heads up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users