1 reply to this topic

#1 Eventide

Eventide

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 03:31 AM

Ok, I've been wanting to use ICS for a while now, and finally got it to work (I'm a bit of a networking newb). However, it won't work if I have ZoneAlarm on stealth mode (I'm using Zonealarm 4.5). I did a bit of googling and this seems to be a known issue, but I could not find any solutions asides from upgrading to ZoneAlarm Pro.

I'm hoping someone knows how to get ICS to work with Zonealarm, or at least can recommend a different (free) firewall to me. I'd like to stick with Zonealarm though because it is so simple to use and configure.

Thanks smile.gif

#2 Mshake

Mshake

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:55 PM

Zonealarm Pro is worth the money anyway.. for most users... kinda like set and forget thing. I am still using 4.0.146 didn't wanna upgrade coz have been reading up on newer versions and it sucks!

Kerios Personal Firewall is free also and it's GOOD. ICS no problem. But just wanna make sure, have you actually configure zonealarm for it to know which is the server machine, which is the client etc blah blah blah? The thing i hate about zonealarm is its database file located in the windows directory ALWAYS corrupt for no apparent reasons. But hey it's either u love it or hate it kinda thing.

The best firewall imho is a router with built in firewall. Although still penetrable to hardcores, it would work against most wannabe hackers out there i hope...smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users