X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:gold teetheses
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 December 2002 - 08:21 AM

Q: My evox wont give me a working ip adress in network settings, and i cant connect to my xbox harddrive, why wont it connect?

A: Im writing this faq because i had the same problem, i hope it helps a lot of you

First of all, make sure you have your evox.ini configured to this:

Static Ip=Yes
Ip=192.168.0.3
Subnetmask=255.255.255.0
Default Gate=192.168.0.1

(leave dns blank). Burn the iso to a cdrw or whatever. hook up your xbox to your comp, then go to control panel, go to network settings, edit your local area connection (right click, properties), then click NIC's TCP/IP, then click Properties. Click on the bubble for "Use following ip adress" fill in the ip as: 192.168.0.1 Then for subnet mask put: 255.255.255.0 and leave the default gate blank. Then click okay, and close control panel or watever. Open up flashfxp or watever ftp client, then turn on your xbox and load the evox cd. go to settings and wait approx 10 seconds, and it will give you the ip adress you need to connect to. Next just type that in in your ftp client, username xbox password xbox, and viola.

beerchug.gif

#2 digitul

digitul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 04:17 AM

thanks a lot man.. i've had nothing but problems trying to ftp to my xbox with a hub.. this is the only tutorial that worked for me

#3 Mothra

Mothra

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 02:34 PM

If you want to connect a PC directly to your Xbox (i.e. *not* via a hub) you'll need to use a special 'crossover' ethernet cable.

PC/Laptop IP Address: 192.168.1.2
Xbox IP Address: 192.168.1.3

Both machines' default gateways should be 192.168.1.1
Netmasks on both shold be 255.255.255.0

Then from your PC, open up Internet Explorer and type in the following URL (but don't click on this one!):

ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.1.3:21

and you should be able to browse your Xbox's filesystem at will.

If you get FTP permission denied errors, it will most likely be either because the filename is more than 38 characters long (including the extension) or because the filename has an illegal character (e.g. a comma) in it.

Mothra.

#4 joeflies256

joeflies256

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:57 AM

I am using flashxp. I can curently connect my to XBOX via my PC.

However does anyone know away I can connect to my PC from the XBOX?

I have tried using Xtoolbox and when connecting it says "time out" error "cannot connect"?

As far as I am aware I have all settings correct in Xtoolbox...

What I want to do is execute files off my PC to be played on the XBOX.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks.

#5 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 December 2003 - 01:34 PM

You would need to install an ftp server on your pc to connect from your xbox. But even then you can't execute files from there that will run on your xbox.

#6 bobcoupe

bobcoupe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:20 PM

And what about that shoutcast function in xbmp... ?
why not setting up a ftp server on a pc and shoutcast from the xbox to a mp3 on the pc?

#7 redfro24

redfro24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 11:06 AM

that helped big time
you rule
thnks

matt

#8 SE R Madness

SE R Madness

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:00 AM

What the hell is this? I can't connect to evox on the boostCD. EvolutionX Build 3935.
I connected to Ava fine before i changed hard drives. But it's not letting me in so i can load in onto the HD and this is what FlashFXP is telling me. any help? Any yes I changed all the IP stuff. On the Xbox it's 192.168.0.3 and on my pc it's 192.168.0.2 when i try to connect with port :21 and the xbox ip and it's a NO go. thanx for your help.

220 Please enter your login name now.
USER xbox
331 Password required for xbox.
PASS (hidden)
230 User xbox logged in , proceed.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
REST 100
502 rest is not implemented.
This site may not allow file resuming
PWD
257 "/" is current directory
TYPE A
200 Type set to ASCII.
PASV
502 pasv is not implemented.
PORT 192,168,0,2,6,24
425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.0.2:6150

#9 PhalC1

PhalC1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:17 PM

I Cannot connect my Xbox to my PC using FlashFXP and MechAssaultwithEvoX Gamesave. I got the save from codejunkies.com and am using an Action Repaly. I put mechassault in and it loads evox from which im supposed to be able to ftp into my xbox.i hav a router and two crossover casbles and im using windows xp . I cannot connect!

#10 Snowboard8422

Snowboard8422

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:33 PM

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif THANKYOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.........i have been trying to figure this out for DAYS

TAHNKS AGAIN

#11 jokercs

jokercs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (PhalC1 @ May 24 2004, 01:17 PM)
I Cannot connect my Xbox to my PC using FlashFXP and MechAssaultwithEvoX Gamesave. I got the save from codejunkies.com and am using an Action Repaly. I put mechassault in and it loads evox from which im supposed to be able to ftp into my xbox.i hav a router and two crossover casbles and im using windows xp . I cannot connect!

If you're using a router to connect the xbox and the pc, you cannot use crossover cables. Crossover cables are for connecting devices directly (PC to PC, xbox to PC). Just run the crossover cable from the xbox to the pc. I'm assuming that when you say crossover cable that you are talking about a specific network cable type instead of just cat5. All crossover cables are cat5 but not all cat5 are crossover.

#12 jasta

jasta

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:47 AM

I am trying to ftp using flashfxp to install mameox. Most of the files transfer across however the mameox.xbe file refuses to go across. Every now and then it's name will appear as having been written to the mame folder on the Xbox but the file size is 0. I'm also having trouble getting the 'general' folder across. Why is it so? mad.gif

#13 fedagent

fedagent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Mothra @ Oct 16 2003, 04:34 PM)
If you want to connect a PC directly to your Xbox (i.e. *not* via a hub) you'll need to use a special 'crossover' ethernet cable.

PC/Laptop IP Address: 192.168.1.2
Xbox IP Address: 192.168.1.3

Both machines' default gateways should be 192.168.1.1
Netmasks on both shold be 255.255.255.0

Then from your PC, open up Internet Explorer and type in the following URL (but don't click on this one!):

ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.1.3:21

and you should be able to browse your Xbox's filesystem at will.

If you get FTP permission denied errors, it will most likely be either because the filename is more than 38 characters long (including the extension) or because the filename has an illegal character (e.g. a comma) in it.

Mothra.

I've done this and yet it still doesnt work. i've been trying for so many hours now and im desperate. i currently have the xbox connected through a crossover cable to my NIC and i also have an internet connection which is provided by a wireless network (connected by usb).

when i try these settings i cant get it to work, flashfxp says:
Connection failed (connection lost)

and internet explorer says:
Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder

Details:
The computer is disconnected from the network.

ps i know my cable and xbox works properly because i've tried this with my bro's pc but he's being a fool and wont let me use it. even though i saved the same settings it didnt work. i thought it might be my NIC so i replaced it and that still doesnt work.

#14 LiveSquid

LiveSquid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:57 PM

An ideas why I cannot connect to my PC using XBMC (I havent altered my xml file in any way and it worked 2 days ago) - I turnmed on the tv one day to find XBMC running with an 'invalid handle' error box on the screen. thats wghen it stopped connecting. I also cant get FlashFXP to connect to the Xbox from teh Desktop; the laptop connects fine. Bothe systems are running the same install of Win2K and FlashFXP. They even have the same FXP crack.

Why can the laptop get access but not the desktop? How can I get my streaming to work again inside XBMC?

Thanks for any help.

Oh, yeah.. on a seemingly unrelated note, my DVDRom spits out the tray half way while its still reading from the disc. Wether its video DVD or audio CD, it doesnt discriminate.

Thanks again for any help I can get.

LS

#15 tdragon97

tdragon97

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:05 AM

HELPpppppppppppppppppppp

ok.. my xbox said

ip 192.168.100.10
static on
dns blank
gateway 192.168.100.1

even if I want to change it on the xbox.. I cant..

and since I can;t get into my evox.ini to edit the files.. I'm stuck...

what do I do..

I also have another xbox.. and it work fine.. but that ip changes depend on the location of house I'm at.. and plug up into.. what can I do.. please.. >?????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users