yelnik9000

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 March 2004 - 07:44 PM

Does anyone know of a way you can have EvoX and Xbox Live? Or if I cant have both, then is there a way to restore my MS Dashboard?
Thanks for the help.

#2 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 March 2004 - 07:51 PM

if you still want to play live you need the audio exploit. use this tutorial: Live w/ Evox with that you boot to the original MS dash w/ the retail bios allowing you to be Live safe. if you have font on now, you can either unisntall that and load up audio or use both. and if you can't access the MS dash from evox right now you probably don't have it configured right. you can either make the xboxdash.xbe renamed to msxboxdash.xbe and point to it in your evox.ini. or if you running font, make a xftdash.xbe with XTF2XFT patcher. then point to that in your evox.ini.

#3 yelnik9000

yelnik9000

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:45 PM

hmmmm even though I do understand kinda what you meen...can you explain it for a noob? and i just tryed to access the ms dash through evox, and i cant, it just freezes.

Edited by yelnik9000, 29 March 2004 - 08:47 PM.

#4 galladel

galladel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:27 AM

hmmm really weird question dude. Do you remember how you installed the font exploit to begin with? to get the original dashboard back you have to ummm... Un do what you did. Come on now. Delete the files that you put on your xbox and rename the files you renamed back to their original form, reboot and your back to MS DashBoard original and you can play xbox live. It would help if you mention whether you used an auto installer and which one. It would also help if you read the tutorial you were pointed to.

#5 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 March 2004 - 04:37 AM

you download a file from the usual places called XTF2XFT patcher. actually i think it's available in the software section on the main XS page. with that you load up your xboxdash.xbe. it will 'patch' all the .XTF extensions making them .XFT. from there rename the patched file to xftdash.xbe. put that in your C drive and point to it in your evox.ini as the MS dash. from there you can assess the MS dashboard from evox.

@galladel: you don't need to delete all your files reverting your box back to retail to run live. if you are using the audio hack you can do the tut i mentioned above to run live. you won't get any updates either. i wouldn't recommend trying it with font, but it may work since you do boot to the retail bios. but again, when i access live it's with font off and audio on.

#6 yelnik9000

yelnik9000

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:26 AM

hmmmmm can you tell me wut i need in my box for the dash to be restored? cause i dont remember how i did it...

#7 yelnik9000

yelnik9000

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:36 PM

i gotta keep on top...dont want this post getting to the next page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users