9 replies to this topic

#1 pemby

pemby

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 11:43 PM

What would be the fastest and easiest way to move information from my 120 gig hd to a new 250 gig hd? I can always re-do everything and re-backup my games, but I was thinking there might be a faster way. I am going to put the 120 gig hd in my computer for a backup drive. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Big Pemby

#2 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:17 AM

well i don't know if it'll be faster, but you could ftp those files to your pc, then install the new hdd and ftp them back to your comp.

#3 pemby

pemby

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:04 AM

That is one option...but how long would 120 gigs of data take coming and going? Seems like probably 20-30 hours. ??? Any other ideas?

Big Pemby

#4 lenballs

lenballs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:15 AM

It takes me about 2.5 - 3hrs to transfer 120Gb of data, I average around 10Mb/s on my P4.

It takes a LONG time to backup 50+ games from the original DVD's... biggrin.gif

#5 TheSaint

TheSaint

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:36 PM

I thought I had seen some HID compliant drivers to load your unlocked xbox HD in your computer to transfer files back and forth. So (if my eyes were correct), in theory, you could slap in the 250gb HD, setup evox or avadash (whatever you use) get the drive setup and install both in your comp and transfer everything over that way. If I'm totally out to lunch on the driver issue, I'm sure I'll get flamed for it!

Edit - here is a link to the tools page. The HD drivers say it has GUI read/write access to unlocked HD in Win 2K/XP
http://dwl.xbox-scen.../HDD_Driver.zip

Edited by TheSaint, 30 March 2004 - 01:43 PM.

#6 tyronemcbg

tyronemcbg

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:39 PM

I use the Romtec Trios Hard drive Switcher. Buy the original, the mechanical one, not the new one that requires a pci card. Then, when I fill up a drive, I just add new drive, select the appropriate drive on the switcher and fire up my xbox. It's easy, and the thing works great. I've got around 400gigs of HD space that is accessible at any time!!

I bought the switcher from Romtec's Home site for around $50.

#7 ceasluteee

ceasluteee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:41 PM

wink.gif does the DVD work too ? I got the manual TRIOS also but it wont boot the HDD when I have the DVD as slave for IDE to MB, does anyone know a way around it ?

#8 PolarBearWY

PolarBearWY

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (tyronemcbg @ Mar 30 2004, 10:39 PM)
I use the Romtec Trios Hard drive Switcher. Buy the original, the mechanical one, not the new one that requires a pci card. Then, when I fill up a drive, I just add new drive, select the appropriate drive on the switcher and fire up my xbox. It's easy, and the thing works great. I've got around 400gigs of HD space that is accessible at any time!!

I bought the switcher from Romtec's Home site for around $50.

Just curious, but why would you need 400 GB of drive space? Certainly that can't all be for games.

#9 chris67rs

chris67rs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Mods
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:46 PM

xbox filesystem is different than a PC one, however you can ghost it , there is a command line option (will get it for you) with a sector by sector copy, it works, its how we clone our drives to new Xboxes. , then just re lock the hard drive.

#10 ceasluteee

ceasluteee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:08 PM

dry.gif I have trios HD switcher with 3 250GB HDD connected to it, (full of games, apps, emulators, etc) I got the trios to boot each HDD seperate without the DVD plugged in between the TRIOS and the motherboard, when I do put the DVD in the xbox boots to error screen no HDD, so my question was to person who is using TRIOS, how did he get it to work with DVD if he is using the DVD drive,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users