5 replies to this topic

#1 diablov688

diablov688

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:41 AM

ok, im a total noob to xbox modding, and im trying to mod my box
all my friends have there's modded, and they can do so much more stuff with theirs, so i was thinking, y not?

im kinda looking for a really cheap (price wise) mod chip, but one thats feature dense (maybe like in the $20-$30 range)

it doesnt have to be solderless, but the less wires the better

if anyone can help me out, that would be cool

quick question, i think i got the thompson dvd drive, the stock one that came with the box, what kind of disks will that play (dvd-r, dvd-rw, dvd+r, dvd+rw)

#2 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:44 AM

you won't get a "feature dense" mod chip for $30, start double that and you're there

all you need is your xbox modded for most features, go with a tsop flash if you dont plan on using xbox live, or if you want a solderless solution those are going to cost you depending on your version xbox, shoot me a pm and i'll try to help with either

#3 Jmay2001

Jmay2001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:59 AM

diablov688,
I just wanted to let you know that mike is a good guy. He can hook you up!

Jmay

#4 diablov688

diablov688

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:16 AM

whoa, u guys are quick with the replys, i check back in 10 minutes and there is aldready like 5 posts, thx

i think that i accidentally posted like 3 times, so ill just go off of this post

so how exactly does this whole tsop flash work?
and (at the risk of sounding extrememly stupid) whats a pm, something message? i dunno.

lots of people have been telling me to tsop flash

also, is there a greater chance of screwing up my xbox with the tsop flash as opposed to a modchip

the cost issue seems to definitly be better
thanks

#5 Jmay2001

Jmay2001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:49 AM

PM means Private Message - like a mini-email

In your control there is an option to compose new message... you can do it that way for click on a persons name and find send PM or something. I went with a solderless modchip that if need be i can take out and put into another xbox. Props to mike for an awsome and quite fast mod job! But a tsop does the same as the modchip, but im not an expert havent dealt or read up on it that much.

Jmay

FYI: On the top bar where it says that you are logged on it says MY Control next to that it will tell you if you have a PM!

Edited by Jmay2001, 30 March 2004 - 02:51 AM.

#6 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:06 AM

Look at the pinned topic...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users