• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chevyflyerfive

chevyflyerfive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:59 PM

i downloaded the rar file from the usual places, and within that there was the .xbe and then the new dashboard files and the data folder. i already am running avalauch, and so i ftp'ed in and put everything on my C:/ drive. when i select the .xbe for the dash (white version) and load it, i get the dash, but there is no text in the menu categories and when i click on anything it brings up a password prompt, but i have no idea what the password is. i checked the data_00 file, and it is set to 1stboot. how do i get this thing working?!? thanks.

#2 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Interests:To Sleep with your mommy.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:55 PM

wink.gif download the dash from #xboxdash , thats the IRC channel for the THC Dashboard , dont download things from other places , download them from the official maker. you dont know what changes some assholes has done to it , like the Slayers 2.5 Trojanized Version

#3 chevyflyerfive

chevyflyerfive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 04:03 PM

i have the official release from the xboxdash ftp, but i am not sure what i am doing wrong in putting the dash on my system that is creating this problem. any ideas?

#4 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (chevyflyerfive @ Mar 30 2004, 02:03 PM)
i have the official release from the xboxdash ftp, but i am not sure what i am doing wrong in putting the dash on my system that is creating this problem. any ideas?

did you applied the patch and deleted the THC DATA folder from the THC Dash XXXXXX folder?

this is what needs to be on the C:

THC DATA
THC DASH XXXXX
evoxdash.xbe

#5 chevyflyerfive

chevyflyerfive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 07:48 PM

i applied the patch using the exe and copied the xboxdash.xbe over (not the xboxdash.xbe.bak). i am not sure what i am supposed to delete. i copied the tHc.data folder, the tHc dash folder, and the xbe on, but i get this error, and if i try to exit, it tells me that it can't find shutdown.xbe

#6 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (chevyflyerfive @ Mar 30 2004, 05:48 PM)
i applied the patch using the exe and copied the xboxdash.xbe over (not the xboxdash.xbe.bak). i am not sure what i am supposed to delete. i copied the tHc.data folder, the tHc dash folder, and the xbe on, but i get this error, and if i try to exit, it tells me that it can't find shutdown.xbe

huh.gif if you patched it there should be a THC DATA folder inside the THC Dash folder , delete that one and leave the one that is outside , to be able to shutdown or reboot you need to put the reboot.xbe and shutdown.xbe on your xbox , i think it was on the C or E , also the THC Dash xbe can be called whatever you like to call it , it doesnt need to be xboxdash.xbe

#7 chevyflyerfive

chevyflyerfive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 02:25 AM

i applied the 4920 multipatch to the xbe, which came in a 7.5 mb rar file. there was not a shutdown.xbe or reboot.xbe anywhere in the package. do i have to use the auto-install package to get all of the files i need?

#8 kevhonda

kevhonda

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:52 AM

im having the same password problems and i downloaded from the official channel, im not real clear on this patching thing what program do i use and what patch would i need to apply.

#9 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (chevyflyerfive @ Mar 31 2004, 12:25 AM)
i applied the 4920 multipatch to the xbe, which came in a 7.5 mb rar file. there was not a shutdown.xbe or reboot.xbe anywhere in the package. do i have to use the auto-install package to get all of the files i need?

dry.gif i never said that the reboot.xbe and shutdown.xbe came with the patch , there are 3 kinds of those xbe's the legal that are on the download are here , the ones found in the usual places or the SmartXX ones that are legal too.

#10 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (kevhonda @ Mar 31 2004, 01:52 AM)
im having the same password problems and i downloaded from the official channel, im not real clear on this patching thing what program do i use and what patch would i need to apply.

wink.gif the patch is on the same network that you downloaded the dash , look for the folder called "THC Patches".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users